Welcome everybody to the new FrostWire forums.
Make sure to check out our Community Guidelines
Please be a good neighbor, treat others with respect and patience.
FW 6.4.5: Transfers window always empty after restart
FrostWire 6.4.5 (build 222) Mac
macOS 10.12.4 (16E163f)
After restarting FrostWire, the Transfers window is always empty. Until quite recently it would always populate with saved searches (attempted downloads). This is no longer the case.
What I tried so far...
1. Fresh-installed FW on a test volume; default FW settings work fine;
2. Duplicating same settings on main volume does not solve the issue; Transfers window remains empty;
3. Deleting all files related to FW that Clean My Mac can find, then reinstalling FW and trying to use default settings, does not help; somehow, previous settings/preferences are "remembered" as if there was a "hidden" pref file that can't be deleted; manually changing preferences to match what worked on test volume doesn't resolve the issue;
4. Manually double-clicking on saved Torrents adds them to the Transfers window, hut they are not retained after FW relaunch;
5. Performing a search within FW, then selecting results to Download them, adds them to the Transfers window, but they are not retained after FW restarts.
I just want FW to work as it did before, but nothing I tried makes it so...