What's A VPN - Windows VPN

Creative and useful discussions about anything involving the world of peer-2-peer.
kristmitchelle

Re: What's A VPN - Windows VPN

Postby kristmitchelle » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:07 am

Yes, TorrentFreak is a strong VPN suggestion sites. TF has its own team of VPN experts who notice every feature and other aspects of VPN provider before including in the list of best VPNs providers.

I and my friends and we choose ExpressVPN for Windows in 2016, It is working more faster than over expectations, It has servers in all over the world.

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 am

The Frostwire team currently recommends ExpressVPN, tested with FrostWire.

http://www.frostwire.com/vpn

On a side bar - avoid hide my a$$ service

Cheers
Sonic_X
Thanks for supporting Frostwire! Sharing is caring :wink: Come join us on slack !

Hribar_18

Postby Hribar_18 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:48 am

ExpressVPN is one of best windows vpn service because I have used this and can swear by all featured provided in this vpn. They offer unlimited speed along with three parallel logins. Most importantly, they don’t log anything.

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:08 am

I seriously doubt anyone saying they have no log policy. But since it is paid, i think i can put some trust there that our activities are not being logged. I am using PureVPN and it provides me with 5 multi-logins.

Horrow1

Postby Horrow1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 am

Hribar_18 wrote:ExpressVPN is one of best windows vpn service because I have used this and can swear by all featured provided in this vpn. They offer unlimited speed along with three parallel logins. Most importantly, they don’t log anything.

I have this vpn. Yes it's actually working very smoothly. But it's pricey. I won't take its subscription again, I am hearing good things about Nord and Buffered vpn. So I might try them.

Horrow1

Postby Horrow1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:27 am

graceinc wrote:I seriously doubt anyone saying they have no log policy. But since it is paid, i think i can put some trust there that our activities are not being logged. I am using PureVPN and it provides me with 5 multi-logins.

Every vpn logs. VPN providers can tell you that they don't log anything but it's a lie. Every vpn logs. Atleast the duration of your internet usage while using vpn is 100% logged. From sign in to sign off. Not the entire activity but there are check points. PureVPN is also good. I have used it, last year.

Horrow1

Postby Horrow1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 am

But my question here is, Is PureVPN capable enough to run with Frostwire? People here in the team say, expressvpn works only with Frost.

gubatron
Development Team

Postby gubatron » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:37 pm

We've not been able to try PureVPN with FrostWire yet so we can't say if FrostWire will be able to detect it.
Most likely it will but perhaps FrostWire will not show in its status bar that the VPN protection is on.
In the worst case, what will happen is that FrostWire won't work while the VPN connection is on, but I highly doubt it as VPN connections pretty much change the entire IP routing table and to FrostWire it's transparent, connections go through the VPN.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

DavidHen

Postby DavidHen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:29 am

A VPN is basically a virtual network which masks your original IP and encrypts your connection, and what ever goes through it. Mostly, it helps in P2P file sharing, which at time or some places is illegal, on the other hand it keeps you secure and anonymous over internet. Not all VPNs support P2P connection security, I'd recommend PureVPN and ExpressVPN. Have been using Pure from almost a year now, now issue encountered lately.

Return to “Open Discussion”