Download Error

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

Download Error

Postby klc241 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Help! I got a new computer and installed 5.3.3 and cannot download anything. I am able to connect and search, however when I choose something to download it immediately says error in the download status. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doesn't work. I have a macbook pro running OS X 10.7.3.
klc241

Re: Download Error

Postby Scott1x » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:35 pm

klc241 wrote:Help! I got a new computer and installed 5.3.3 and cannot download anything. I am able to connect and search, however when I choose something to download it immediately says error in the download status. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doesn't work. I have a macbook pro running OS X 10.7.3.

I know there have been problems with OS X.
Check these:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9608
viewtopic.php?p=11114#11114

If there is no help for you there, please repost and someone who knows what they are doing on a mac may respond.
Good luck.
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Postby klc241 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Unfortunately it still doesn't work. Can anyone help?
klc241

Postby Rabecca87 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Unfortunately, it is not just your MAC operating system that this is happening to. I own a pc with Windows 7 and I am experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately, I believe it has to do with the new version of Frostwire because this was not happening with the last version. The errors did not start occurring until I updated my version to 5.3.3. So guys in the upstairs working on this software, until this issue is resolved, could you please make the last version available for re download so that we are able to utilize a functioning Frostwire??? Please???
Rabecca87

Postby Scott1x » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Rabecca87 wrote:Unfortunately, it is not just your MAC operating system that this is happening to. I own a pc with Windows 7 and I am experiencing the same problem. Unfortunately, I believe it has to do with the new version of Frostwire because this was not happening with the last version. The errors did not start occurring until I updated my version to 5.3.3. So guys in the upstairs working on this software, until this issue is resolved, could you please make the last version available for re download so that we are able to utilize a functioning Frostwire??? Please???

I have been using FrostWire 5.3.3 on windows 7, with better results that 5.3.2, so I doubt that this is a general problem. I simply no not see that kind of issue on this board with Win 7. You CAN download a prior version, but before you do that, DO perform the basic steps.
The basic check list for FrostWire problems include:
Now, assuming you done that and it's no go: use revo to uninstall frostwire.
Here is a portable version of Revo: http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ ... r_portable
NOW:
    From file explorer, navigate to use c:\users\YourAccount (assuming your system drive is c:\)"
    and delete .frostwire5 also delete frostwire.
Now, reinstall 5.3.3 and cross your fingers.
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support