frostwire (5.5.6) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: playlist songs can be re-ordered with drag and drop.
* Bug fix: screen saver no longer kicks in during video playback.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 04 Mar 2013 14:44:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.5) stable; urgency=high
* Bug fix: Null pointer exceptions in Media Player.
* Bug fix: Multiple User Interface thread violations fixed.
* Bug fix: Setup Wizard painting issues in Linux resolved.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.4) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: extract audio (.m4a) from (.mp4) videos on right click.
* New Core Feature: HTTP resumeable large transfer support.
* Upgrade: Default save folder for cloud downloads is updated without
* Upgrade: 'Repeat song' playback mode now available.
* Upgrade: Enriched promotion display, now with audio and video previews and
shortcuts to content creator's social media channels/streams.
* Upgrade: binary compatibility improved for Windows releases.
* Bug fix: if default save folder is changed it's now part of library scanned
* Bug fix: smart search engine wasn't notifying when it was done if there
were no results.
* Bug fix: several crashes and errors fixed.
* Bug fix: partial download dialog for cloud downloads would sometimes appear
* Bug fix: out of memory error by UPnP-cling creating an infinite number
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:38:57 -0500
frostwire (5.5.3) stable; urgency=high
* Bug fix: freeze on Windows XP. (Windows release only)
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Tue, 05 Feb 2013 19:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.2) stable; urgency=high
* Upgrade: Now 'Movies' or 'My Videos' folder is included by default on new
installs since we now have a built-in video player.
* Upgrade: The Smart Search engine can now be disabled. No torrents will be
indexed and no search against the local database will be performed if
* UI fix: Video Player Window Title now shows the file name being played.
* UI fix: Library > "Finished Downloads" renamed to "Default Save Folder"
* UI fix: When browsing another device on the Wi-Fi network newest shared files
are shown at the top of the table.
* Bug fix: On first installation FrostWire wasn't able to add 'From Devices' folder
to the Library.
* Bug fix: When restoring default settings FrostWire was not restoring default
* Bug fix: Player remembers volume level from last song played.
* Bug fix: Sends correct file sizes on HTTP headers for shared files that
have changed in size after being shared.
* Bug fix: Repeat media play setting with only one item.
* Bug fix: New mime detector based on a bigger table.
* Bug fix: Video player doesn't skip frames when resuming from pause.
* Bug fix: Video player doesn't move frames when paused and volume slider
is being moved.
* Bug fix: Dropping a .torrent starts a download and doesn't ask to send to
* Bug fix: (Windows) can delete files that are being played or seeded
from the Library.
* Bug fix: (Mac) compatibility with Mac OSX 10.5.x restored.
* Bug fix: (Windows) media player can open files with long paths.
* Bug fix: prevents NPE when opening a .torrent and trying to show icons when
the file system chooser wasn't available.
-- FrostWire Team Tue, 15 jan 2013 20:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.1) stable; urgency=high
* New Clear Inactive button on transfers.
* New setting to use the default system media player instead of
* New Download Cloud URLs, Torrents and Magnets by entering
urls on the search field.
* New toggle full screen video playback with double click.
* Enhancement: Library file tables now show file modified date field and
files are sorted by it in descending order so user can easily find
newest files added to the library.
* Enhancement: Playlist tables now show the track number column and
are by default sorted by it in ascending order to enjoy
albums in the order they were meant to be heard by the content
* Enhancement: mime type guessing is faster when sharing files on Wi-Fi
* Bug fix: Library was getting confused with file extensions as part of file names.
* Bug fix: sharing/unsharing popup menu behavior while sharing on Wi-Fi
* Bug fix: resizing issues on preview download dialogs.
* Bug fix: filtering on torrent detail dialog was broken.
* Bug fix: Library continuous playback working from play button.
* Bug fix: Cloud download error fixed.
* Bug fix: Media lib unicode issue.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.5.0) stable; urgency=high
* New FrostWire video player.
* New audio preview on cloud based audio search results.
* New video preview on cloud based video search results.
* New Wi-Fi sharing between FrostWire for Desktop and Android.
* New Wi-Fi sharing/announcement/discovery protocol via UPnP standards.
* New Stream Video/Audio stored shared on Android devices.
* UX Improvement: Add folders to library with drag and drop on
* UX Improvement: cloud audio downloads now have album art.
* Core Search Performance lowers CPU usage dramatically while indexing.
* Core Improvement: broader compatibility on cloud demuxed downloads.
* UI Improvement: partial download/torrent content window now includes
file extension, file type icon.
* UI Improvement: when opening youtube url, the file selection dialog
has type/quality hints to guide user on the options available for
* UI Improvement: audio player simplified, no stop button.
* UI Improvement: Transfer manager now has 'Clear Inactive' button.
* Bug fix: Run on startup for Mac finally works. The BitTorrent network
will get a boost of upstream bandwidth.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.4.0) stable; urgency=high
* No more sound distortion with the FrostWire player volume levels.
* Search engines update.
* UX Upgrade: Only one file type per search. Users were getting confused
with mixed file types in results.
* UX Upgrade: Forbid multiple selection on partial file selection dialog.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:00:00 -0500
frostwire (5.3.9) stable; urgency=high
* BEP 34 compliant. FrostWire now checks DNS TXT records for tracker
* Soundcloud integration (Search, Streaming and Downloads).
* Fixes issue with partial download title window not showing the name
of the torrent correctly.
* UI Improvement: Action hints on top of search results to stream or
download or see the contents of the torrent.
* UI Improvement: Action hint on top of playable contents in the
* UI Improvement: Search result Source now includes the name of the
author if available.
* UI Improvement: Search keywords are bolded in the titles of search
* UI Improvement: Creation date for non-torrent search results available.
* UI Improvement: File size of non-torrent search results available.
* UI Improvement: Opening 'Configure Options' on the Library takes user
to the Library Settings pane.
* UI Improvement: Right clicking on the title of a search tab now
shows the only action available (Repeat Search) directly.
* UI Improvement: A FrostWire update can now be invoked from the 'Tools'
* UI Improvement: New Notification update button will be available on
the Window header to let the user know visually that there's a
FrostWire update available.
* UI Improvement: Added 'Cleanup Playlist' right click menu item in
* UX Improvement: When saving a newly created .torrent, FrostWire
will make sure the file is saved with the .torrent extension.
* Fixes issue with file names downloaded from FrostWire for Android.
* Fixes issue adding new radio stations to the library.
* Fix of MP3 ID3 tags unicode parsing.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:43:35 -0500
frostwire (5.3.8) stable; urgency=high
* Sends MP4 files (videos) to iTunes.
* Better language auto-detection on configuration wizard.
* Fixes Drag and Drop issue with iTunes >= 10.6.3.
* Fixes issues with Monova search.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 5 Jul 2012 14:10:15 -0500
frostwire (5.3.7) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: Export playlist to iTunes.
* Core upgrade: Better support for UTF-8 torrent contents.
* Faster startup time. No more waiting around 31% on splash screen.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Thu, 14 May 2012 08:07:05 -0500
frostwire (5.3.6) stable; urgency=high
* Full support for .m4a audio files (thumbnails, seek)
* AAC downloads from YouTube.
* Fixes issue with search suggestions where the popup wouldn't
* Chinese, Korean character display fixed for Windows and Linux (Gnome only)
* Fixes issue where it was hard to select more than one search result for
* Fixes issue with search results from KAT.ph. Now downloads are started
using magnet links instead of .torrents.
* Supports dragging files from transfer manager.
Useful to send files to iTunes as soon as transfers are done.
* Adds links to Facebook and Google Plus pages on status bar.
* Single file search results now are launched on double click.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 14 May 2012 14:47:00 -0500
frostwire (5.3.5) stable; urgency=high
* Drag and drop files and folders to your Android device running FrostWire.
You can upload files to 3 different devices at the same time.
* Fixes glitch where the file explorer would reset the split pane position.
* Removes flickering on album arts when resizing library explorer
* When the FrostWire window is resized to be very small the search
filters no longer overlap the "Open" and "Send to" buttons.
* Search box on the Library is now on the upper left and
offers contextual hint.
* Search boxes everywhere now have a clear button.
* Playlists are now sorted alphabetically.
* Option panes UI upgrades.
* Better suggestion for a playlist name when a folder is dropped on
* German translation updated.
* French translation updated.
* Norwegian translation updated.
* Dutch translation updated.
* Japanese translation updated.
* Filipino translation updated.
* Chinese (Hong Kong) translation updated.
* Chinese (Taiwan) translation updated.
* Chinese (Mainland) translation updated.
* Turkish translation updated.
* Portuguese (Brazilian) updated.
* Korean translation updated.
* Italian translation updated.
* Hindi translation updated.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:00:00 -0500
FrostWire 5.3.4 OUT (and 5.3.5 on the way)
FrostWire 5.3.4 has one new feature, YouTube video search and downloads. It's now Windows 8 compatible and lots of issues on the Windows installer were fixed that didn't let many users complete the installation process. The new windows installer will make sure you're running Java 7, with improved java performances that make FrostWire even faster.
It also updated the Spanish translation among other things, here's the full changelog.
frostwire (5.3.4) stable; urgency=high
* New frostwire.exe launcher with extended Unicode support now able to
handle .torrent file names with extended Unicode characters.
* Windows build is Windows 8 compatible.
* Windows build will prefer Java 7 if not JRE is found.
* Improvements when sending files on a local area network via magnet link
or send file to friend.
* Bug fix when opening magnets from a website when FrostWire
was already running.
* User experience improvements on the transfer manager.
* Spanish translation update (93% translated)
* YouTube video search and download support.
-- FrostWire Team Mon, 26 Mar 2012 18:00:00 -0500
FrostWire 5.3.5 is now being built, it betters Android integration, now you will be able to send file from the desktop to android devices with drag and drop on the Library tree.
Translations for Dutch, French and Norwegian have been updated so far and more translations should be updated before the next release.
FrostWire 5.3.3 OUT!
Serious improvements in search: Fixes 100% CPU usage issues and search query analysis has been improved for better matches.
Upgraded to support the new TPB magnet only search results.
Improved Magnet link support, now with UT_METADATA BitTorrent extension support (we've sent our patch to the Azureus/Vuze team so that all Vuze clients can also have better magnet link support)
FrostWire 5.3.2 out for Windows and Mac (Linux build coming very very soon, doing some tests with Java 7 on Linux)
(Also FrostWire for Android 0.9.5 is out http://frostwire.com/android - Test together if you can, it's a lot of fun)
Please test throughly on your Operating system. The quicker we get bugs or a thumbs up from you guys, the faster we can release to the public.
Here’s what’s coming on the next update.
Better search results and usability Users coming from FrostWire 4 have complained about ease of use and search results. We’ve made our search algorithm and user interface friendlier so that you won’t get lost finding the files that you need. We’re bringing a bit of the FrostWire 4 feel to the search form and you’ll have even more control of the search results you see as they are retrieved.
Sending files to friends. No need to upload your files to sketchy websites that are a pain in the ass for your friend to find the download button among so many ads. Not only you can send files as big as your computer can hold, you can also send entire folders and subfolders. The more friends you send your files, the faster they get it because they collaborate. You and your friends make a little cloud when sending files to each other with FrostWire.
Mobile Integration You can now browse, stream or download the files made public by Android devices nearby. Best part, no cables necessary. Samsung users on Mac will love this, as we’ve experienced impossible to fix issues with the Galaxy Tab 10″ which just won’t share files even with the Kies app that Samsung provides.
FrostWire for Android implements an open, simple, HTTP/JSON based file sharing protocol that ANYBODY can work with, so we hope to see Web developers, and why not even iOS developers making clients that can talk to FrostWire for Desktop and FrostWire for Android. And if nobody builds them we’re trying to free some time later in the year to make a light version of FrostWire for iPhone/iPod/iPad so that you can send files from your iOS device to your PC, Mac, Linux or Android devices, all wirelessly (no need for USB and iPhoto, no need to cut your videos or to downgrade their quality to upload them to youtube if all you want is to send that HD video to your mom’s)
Those and a lot of other features and fixes are ready. If you cannot wait to try these, you can always download the sources and build FrostWire yourself in two steps (ant; ./run)
changelog so far
- Code: Select all
frostwire (5.3.3) stable; urgency=high
* Noticeable improvements in CPU performance.
* Noticeable improvements in search result quality.
* Updated TPB search to support magnet link search results.
* Added UT_METADATA extension to Vuze Core for improved magnet link support.
* Upgraded Lucene library to v3.5.0.
* Upgraded H2 to v1.3.164.
* When browsing FrostWire for Android devices (0.9.6+), date added
and date modified fields are available on all file types.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:07:46 -0500
frostwire (5.3.2) stable; urgency=high
* Reverted H2 library to v1.3.160
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:09:46 -0500
frostwire (5.3.1) stable; urgency=high
* Updated default album cover image with an anti-aliased frostwire sphere.
* Fixes bug where clicking on the current song would switch to the library
but the button on the top would not be selected.
* Adds missing icon for "copy magnet" on Send file dialog.
* Library explorer and Playlist explorer are now divided by a split pane
for a better experience.
* Hides hints popup when search is triggered with a mouse click.
* Updated search icon (magnifier).
* Fonts are reset when the setup wizard is shown so the wizard can work
* New View > Reset Font Sizes action.
* The first time the Library button is used "Finished Downloads" is
preselected to give the user a clue of what can be done.
* When a new playlist is created, a graphic is shown to hint the user
about dragging audio files there.
* Updated H2 library to v1.3.164
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:22:15 -0500
frostwire (5.3.0) stable; urgency=high
* Search form looks similar to FrostWire 4 but now allows user to search
for more than one file type at once.
* Improvements in search algorithm.
* Send file/folder feature more effective between just 2 peers.
* Simplification of search form interface, looks similar to FrostWire 4
* Phone & Tablets tab is gone, integration with Android devices is now
part of the Library under a "Devices" tree item.
* Browses, Streams audio, and downloads files made public by Android devices
in the same network.
* When entering a search hints are shown to type less (powered by Google).
* Sorts transfers by "Seeds" correctly.
* Improvements on Library action buttons, now a "Launch" action is available
and buttons are shown/hidden depending on context.
* Fixes bugs where files on a audio playlist could not be dragged out.
* Fixes bugs where deleted files would still appear on the library.
* When right clicking on selected finished transfers and copying an infohash
you won't end up with a trailing newline on the clipboard.
* Sharing ratio of a torrent that you stopped and started seeding again
will not be infinite and will be based on the total sizes of the files
* Now when the transfer split pane is dragged up, the pane border is painted
correctly on top of the image overlay.
* Fixes repainting glitch when moving split pane on top of promotional
* Lots of icons have been revamped for a more uniform look.
* Null Pointer Exception issues #100, #103, #104.
* Fixes issue #93 chat action causing frostwire crash.
* Flickering issue on song progress bar resolved.
* Simplified torrent creation. User now doesn't have to make up her mind
about choosing a file or a folder, the file selection dialog now
handles this for her.
* Brought back "Stop" search button.
* Removed lingering "Show/Hide player" menu entry on status bar context menu.
* If seeding transfers are meant to be finished, newly finished transfers
are not hidden for that session.
* Audio files can be launched using the operating system's default player
Right click on a file "Launc in <OS>"
* Removed BTJunkie search engine.
* Added KickAssTorrents (kat.ph) search engine.
* Fixes issue where downloading removing a partial transfer would
delete previously completed downloads of that same torrent.
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Fri, 10 Feb 2012 13:14:10 -0500