Mac FrostWire 5.7.7 Installer
Ubuntu/Debian FrostWire 5.7.7 Installer
RPM FrostWire 5.7.7 Installer
This update focuses on fixing multiple user interface issues, mostly related to the media player. Libraries were updated, a nasty freeze when opening FrostWire out of a magnet link has finally been fixed, and new linux collaborators have given some love to our codebase.
FrostWire now has a new feature in which it tries to detect wether or not you are using a VPN connection to warn you about the possibility of your privacy being at risk.
We recommend that whenever you are online you connect to the internet using an encrypted VPN connection to protect your identity and your privacy.
Build & Fix FrostWire, get paid in Bitcoins immediatly
If you are a developer/translator/graphic designer, you should know that now you can earn Bitcoins when your patches and contributions are merged to the master branches of our open source projects on github.
You will automatically receive bitcoins in your Bitcoin wallet, you just need to have a github account and a tip4commit account where you can register your Bitcoin wallet address. Payments are sent within minutes of your patches being merged.
FrostWire Bitcoin donations are being diverted into our main open source projects frostwire-desktop, frostwire-android, frostwire-common and frostwire-jlibtorrent.
Each merged commit gets 1% of what's left on each fund.
Preparing for FrostWire 6
We are hard at work on the next generation of FrostWire 6, if you paid attention to the names of our repositories, or if you follow the FrostWire blog, you may have read about the frostwire-jlibtorrent project. We have made a full featured Java wrapper API out of the C++ libtorrent library and the results of our tests have been phenomenal. We're currently replacing all of our Bittorrent core for one that uses libtorrent and we're pretty sure you will feel the difference.
Join the FrostWire Beta Testers group to help us release a steady FrostWire 6.
Code: Select all
frostwire (5.7.7) stable; urgency=high
* New: VPN connection status indicator.
* New: Stop media playback by long pressing play/pause button.
* Fix: Freeze when opening FrostWire from the first time out of
clicking on a magnet link or .torrent file.
* Fix: Bug where files couldn't be played with the main player button.
* Fix: Bug where the speaker icon on the library would still show
after the media player had stopped.
* Fix: Bug after 5.7.5 in which the buttons of the Create Torrent
dialog were not visible unless the window was resized.
* Fixes issue on Linux when player window pixel translucency could
not be set. Thanks @foutrelis.
* Fixes Null Pointer Exception when trying to shutdown and hide
an MPlayerWindow that may have not been instantiated.
* Fixes issue where user could not create new playlist by dropping
songs from existing playlist into 'New Playlist' list item in
* Updated MigLayout source code to version 4.0
-- FrostWire Team <email@example.com> Wed, 01 October 2014 17:00:00 -0500