UPDATE - Tuesday April 23rd 20013 - 10:39pm EST
Download FrostWire 5.5.6 Release Candidate Installer for Windows
Download FrostWire 5.5.6 Release Candidate 2 Installer for Mac OSX
During the next hours we’ll be releasing Release Candidate Binaries for those of you who would like to help catch a few bugs in advance. This list is not final as we’re still closing the development cycle for this release.
Code: Select all
frostwire (5.5.6) stable; urgency=high
* New Feature: Includes search results from archive.org, which indexes
millions of public domain and creative commons works from all over the
* New Feature: playlist songs can be re-ordered with drag and drop.
* New Feature: all songs in a playlist can now be exported to a folder.
* Upgrade: Improved Unicode support for Chinese characters.
* Upgrade: mplayer update for unicode character file playback support.
* Upgrade: Search architecture upgrade for much faster search results.
* Upgrade: Considerably faster mp3,mp4 parsing in the library, creating
playlists is now faster than ever.
* Upgrade: New more explicit Wi-Fi sharing icons.
* Upgrade: Updated radio station database.
* Upgrade: up to 20% faster listing of files in the Library.
* Upgrade: Video player upgrades for better experience.
* Bug fix: screen-saver no longer kicks in during video playback.
* Bug fix: UPnP Wi-Fi sharing discovery consumes 84% less CPU on
congested local networks. Fixing reported slowdowns and reducing
considerable power consumption for laptop users.
* Bug fix: X11 related error fix.
* Bug fix: Number of files being shared includes the number of torrents
* Bug fix: Library search issues related to unicode characters.
* Bug fix: Multiple null pointer exceptions and crashes fixed.
* Bug fix: Fixed rendering issue related to wrong parsing of bitrate
* Upgrade: (Developers) ant compilation scripts cleanup.
* Upgrade: (Developers) use of 'frostwire-commons' repository to share
common code between FrostWire for Android and Desktop projects.
-- FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, 22 Apr 2013 05:58:00 -0500