exporting problems

Got some cool new ideas or feature requests? We want to hear it!
whodafknos

exporting problems

Postby whodafknos » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:22 pm

I guess I am not smart enough to figure this out , so someone please help a older cancer patent,I followed instructions on transferring my playlist to a folder on my computer but it does not go

Scott1x

Re: exporting problems

Postby Scott1x » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 am

whodafknos wrote:I guess I am not smart enough to figure this out , so someone please help a older cancer patent,I followed instructions on transferring my playlist to a folder on my computer but it does not go

I'm not sure what directions you followed to transfer a playlist, but try this.
It appears you can make a folder to receive the desire files, and then go to the library screen,
select the library screen,
select the play list you wish to export,
right button it, and select export playlist files to folder.

Give that a try.

whodafknos

Postby whodafknos » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:17 am

I did just that,and no go,I as well checked firewall and security and frostwire as well as frostwire launcher were allow thru,I checked options to include allow I tunes and tried to send playlist there and no go

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:29 am

whodafknos wrote:I did just that,and no go,I as well checked firewall and security and frostwire as well as frostwire launcher were allow thru,I checked options to include allow I tunes and tried to send playlist there and no go

I've never used itunes, so I can't help you there. Sending files from one folder to another does not require any firewall settings, a it is strictly on the one machine.

I was assuming that you were using Windows, but what I mentioned works on my windows machine.
Please indicate your -
    Operating system:
    FrostWire Level Number:
    If this is an upgrade, from what level:
    Virus Checker:
    Problem Description:
Describe, in as much detail as you can, the nature of your problem, errors, messages, what does or does not happen, etc:

The export does use a copy and can take some time. I'd prepare a folder first and then export to it. Of course, make sure that you have write permission to that folder. Whenever manipulating files, I suggest to NOT be using the system (usually C) drive. Windows can get pissy about the system drive. As a general policy, I NEVER put user files on the C drive.

Return to “Desktop Feature Requests”