Major Problem With FrostWire 5.7.3

Got some cool new ideas or feature requests? We want to hear it!
larpas

Major Problem With FrostWire 5.7.3

Postby larpas » Sun May 25, 2014 7:17 pm

What is the problem with version 5.7.3 forcing me into installing something I don't want!! Where is the decline button??????? There is no way to decline or cancel or bypass this area so I can download FrostWire 5.7.3 and nothing else. I know there are at least 2 items that are forced installments so my only option was to cancel and the whole download died. I don't know whose, not at all bright, idea this was, but make sure a fix comes up right away to make it as it should have been in the first place!!!

THX1138

Re: Major Problem With FrostWire 5.7.3

Postby THX1138 » Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 am

Optional software bundles (like toolbars) are what pays the bills, there are opt-outs for all of them, if you're attentive enough to look for them..

larpas

Postby larpas » Tue May 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks for the info.

gubatron
Development Team

Postby gubatron » Wed May 28, 2014 12:40 pm

usually there's an opt-out option if you click on the other radio button when the offer is being shown.

I think it's something like (x) Express, ( ) Custom, if you click on Custom then there's the opt-out option there.

Sorry about that, but like they said, bills, taxes, doctors, lawyers, food, servers, bandwidth, consultants, designers need to be paid, wish we had more volunteers.

The other option would be to just sell FrostWire and remove the installer offers.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Zooky

Postby Zooky » Thu May 29, 2014 10:26 pm

gubatron wrote:The other option would be to just sell FrostWire and remove the installer offers.

EEK!!! Be still my forth coming heart attack!

Y'all may have changed the way opt-out is done but it still works. Now it just takes a tad longer to figure out whatcha did. :)
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Fri May 30, 2014 8:00 am

Zooky wrote:
gubatron wrote:The other option would be to just sell FrostWire and remove the installer offers.

EEK!!! Be still my forth coming heart attack!

Y'all may have changed the way opt-out is done but it still works. Now it just takes a tad longer to figure out whatcha did. :)

As long as it gracefully uninstalls, I can live with it. The couple of times I let one slide through, that was the case.

Return to “Desktop Feature Requests”