Download/Upload Control

Got some cool new ideas or feature requests? We want to hear it!
Imperial_Wizard

Download/Upload Control

Postby Imperial_Wizard » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:00 pm

If there is a way to do this already, then, someone let me know, but I think it would be nice if I could just set the throttle for ALL uploads/downloads to a certain limit no matter what I'm downloading, and then maybe make a list of which order I want my files to be downloaded in, if I care. Otherwise I have to go file by file and it's a pain in the ass when I have a bunch and I want to play PS3 without glitching.

Scott1x

Re: Download/Upload Control

Postby Scott1x » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Imperial_Wizard wrote:If there is a way to do this already, then, someone let me know, but I think it would be nice if I could just set the throttle for ALL uploads/downloads to a certain limit no matter what I'm downloading, and then maybe make a list of which order I want my files to be downloaded in, if I care. Otherwise I have to go file by file and it's a pain in the ass when I have a bunch and I want to play PS3 without glitching.

It is possible to do most of the items you've mentioned.

There are several options that control up and down load speed.
Start with tools>options>bittorrent>advanced There you will find the global controls. You can also set maximum active downloads here.

On your transfer list, use the right button on an item you want to control. On the advanced item, you can set maximum up and download speed. This is at the individual level, but is still limited by the global controls.

You can limit the number of active download torrents at one time. If you have more, they should queue and act like a list that is serviced in turn. I'm not sure if you can control the order other than stopping and starting them as they activate.

If you download by full torrents and avoid hand picking, the volume of data being downloaded usually makes specific order irrelevant.

If I can shed more light on control, or have missed something, just post back.

Imperial_Wizard

Postby Imperial_Wizard » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Thank you Scott. I Had looked for that in options and hadn't seen the advanced settings under bit torrent. Much appreciated. Makes things much simpler for me.

People Helpin' People!

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:27 pm

FrostWire does offer quite a few tweaks to allow user control, though they are not always obvious. Take some time to scan through my help pages and you might find more of interest to you.

The more you know, the more you can accomplish!

Return to “Desktop Feature Requests”