FrostWire Will Not Finish Loading

Got some cool new ideas or feature requests? We want to hear it!

FrostWire Will Not Finish Loading

Postby Trinalynn » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:53 am

To begin with I couldn't get FrostWire to open. So I installed Revo Uninstaller and used it to remove all Java and FrostWire components. Then I went to FrostWire.com and started a new FrostWire download.
I get in the setup process to where it should be starting to download into the location I chose and it gives me the message "FrostWire is currently running and I can't continue installing until it's closed. Would you like me to close it for you?" I Choose "Yes" But the message pops up again and when I click yes again the setup disappears. I have tried closing every single window, Checked Windows Task Manager and even restarted my computer.
Any ideas?
Trinalynn

Re: FrostWire Will Not Finish Loading

Postby Scott1x » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Trinalynn wrote:To begin with I couldn't get FrostWire to open. So I installed Revo Uninstaller and used it to remove all Java and FrostWire components. Then I went to FrostWire.com and started a new FrostWire download.
I get in the setup process to where it should be starting to download into the location I chose and it gives me the message "FrostWire is currently running and I can't continue installing until it's closed. Would you like me to close it for you?" I Choose "Yes" But the message pops up again and when I click yes again the setup disappears. I have tried closing every single window, Checked Windows Task Manager and even restarted my computer.
Any ideas?

It would help to know:
    Operating system:
    FrostWire Level Number:
    If this is an upgrade, from what level:
    Virus Checker:
    Fire Wall:
    Are you behind a router:
    Using a proxy or VPN:
    Type of internet connection:
    Problem Description:
Make sure, if you have one, that the router is allowing the FrostWire port and/or set for UPnP
Describe, in as much detail as you can, the nature of your problem, errors, messages, what does or does not happen, etc:
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Postby Trinalynn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 am

I have Windows 7
I was downloading FrostWire 5.6.2
After running the Revo Uninstaller, it was a new installation
I have Avira Free edition
Windows Firewall and FrostWire is allowed
I have a Router and it is UPnP Enabled

I have used the Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of FrostWire and tried reinstalling. I have even tried installing an earlier version.
I am running across three problems:
1- It won't open after installation
2- I get the message that there was a problem with the installation and I need to reinstall
3- During the installation I get a message saying that FrostWire is already running. Which it is not.
I have used FrostWire in this PC within the past month and had no troubles at that time.
And I have the same setup I do now.
Trinalynn

Postby Scott1x » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Your configuration is very similar to mine, so I can't see why you're having the problem.
Do call up task manager and make sure that you don't have a ghost frostwire hanging on.
Check this list.... http://catfangz.com/frostwire/ProblemPrograms.html
Check this one, and make SURE to try to locate the .frostwire5 folder and delete it!
http://catfangz.com/frostwire/CheckList.html
And finally... http://catfangz.com/frostwire/WhatNow.html
Good luck!
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Return to Desktop Feature Requests