Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

FrostWire Will Not Finish Loading

Got some cool new ideas or feature requests? We want to hear it!

FrostWire Will Not Finish Loading

Postby Trinalynn » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:53 am

To begin with I couldn't get FrostWire to open. So I installed Revo Uninstaller and used it to remove all Java and FrostWire components. Then I went to FrostWire.com and started a new FrostWire download.
I get in the setup process to where it should be starting to download into the location I chose and it gives me the message "FrostWire is currently running and I can't continue installing until it's closed. Would you like me to close it for you?" I Choose "Yes" But the message pops up again and when I click yes again the setup disappears. I have tried closing every single window, Checked Windows Task Manager and even restarted my computer.
Any ideas?
Trinalynn

Re: FrostWire Will Not Finish Loading

Postby Scott1x » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Trinalynn wrote:To begin with I couldn't get FrostWire to open. So I installed Revo Uninstaller and used it to remove all Java and FrostWire components. Then I went to FrostWire.com and started a new FrostWire download.
I get in the setup process to where it should be starting to download into the location I chose and it gives me the message "FrostWire is currently running and I can't continue installing until it's closed. Would you like me to close it for you?" I Choose "Yes" But the message pops up again and when I click yes again the setup disappears. I have tried closing every single window, Checked Windows Task Manager and even restarted my computer.
Any ideas?

It would help to know:
    Operating system:
    FrostWire Level Number:
    If this is an upgrade, from what level:
    Virus Checker:
    Fire Wall:
    Are you behind a router:
    Using a proxy or VPN:
    Type of internet connection:
    Problem Description:
Make sure, if you have one, that the router is allowing the FrostWire port and/or set for UPnP
Describe, in as much detail as you can, the nature of your problem, errors, messages, what does or does not happen, etc:
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Postby Trinalynn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 am

I have Windows 7
I was downloading FrostWire 5.6.2
After running the Revo Uninstaller, it was a new installation
I have Avira Free edition
Windows Firewall and FrostWire is allowed
I have a Router and it is UPnP Enabled

I have used the Revo Uninstaller to remove all traces of FrostWire and tried reinstalling. I have even tried installing an earlier version.
I am running across three problems:
1- It won't open after installation
2- I get the message that there was a problem with the installation and I need to reinstall
3- During the installation I get a message saying that FrostWire is already running. Which it is not.
I have used FrostWire in this PC within the past month and had no troubles at that time.
And I have the same setup I do now.
Trinalynn

Postby Scott1x » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Your configuration is very similar to mine, so I can't see why you're having the problem.
Do call up task manager and make sure that you don't have a ghost frostwire hanging on.
Check this list.... http://catfangz.com/frostwire/ProblemPrograms.html
Check this one, and make SURE to try to locate the .frostwire5 folder and delete it!
http://catfangz.com/frostwire/CheckList.html
And finally... http://catfangz.com/frostwire/WhatNow.html
Good luck!
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Return to Desktop Feature Requests