Download status viewing area

Got some cool new ideas or feature requests? We want to hear it!
User avatar
odeste
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Download status viewing area

Postby odeste » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi-This is my first post so please bear with me if I'm in the wrong area. Two features I'd appreciate being addressed-trivial yet annoying. The scrolling area where the download activity (percentage) can be seen is far too small as only one, or two, downloads can be seen. In previous versions weren't we availed the ability to see several? Secondly, again this use to exist but where the various torrents are listed with the check boxes (on the left panel) we use to be able to Clearly see what artists are the performers of various downloads. I realize that this info can be viewed in the main area but perhaps I'm a simpleton, likely, but on so many occasions I've downloaded songs that were not performed by the original artist.
Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks, Alan

Scott1x

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Scott1x » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:27 pm

If you are talking about the transfer area, that can be any size you want. Above the title bar, there are five dots. That is a grab bar. If you hover over it, you can then press the mouse and resize the window.

If you will go to my help pages, you will find a lot of information about searching and search strategies for FrostWire.

If you have specific questions, DO post back and ask!

User avatar
odeste
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby odeste » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Ok thanks. I tried to resize the window as you often can, but the usual vertical arrow wasn't appearing. I'll look again for the "5 dots."

Scott1x

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Scott1x » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:40 pm

odeste wrote:Ok thanks. I tried to resize the window as you often can, but the usual vertical arrow wasn't appearing. I'll look again for the "5 dots."

Try displaying full screen to make sure you have a full view.

User avatar
odeste
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby odeste » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:47 pm

I almost always use full screen-that aside I found the dots and was able to resize it. I had been hovering over the horizontal lines/borders beneath that. Thanks, so much, for your help! One less annoyance. alan

Scott1x

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Scott1x » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:04 pm

odeste wrote:I almost always use full screen-that aside I found the dots and was able to resize it. I had been hovering over the horizontal lines/borders beneath that. Thanks, so much, for your help! One less annoyance. alan

I normally run far less than full screen, so I always suggest that when people are having problems viewing. I've been bit more than once by having a window too small to see all of it. Not all programs deal with too small windows, gracefully!

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Zooky » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 am

Scott1x wrote:I normally run far less than full screen, so I always suggest that when people are having problems viewing. I've been bit more than once by having a window too small to see all of it. Not all programs deal with too small windows, gracefully!


Resizing, using the nub line, was always a MUST for me. Problem is FW doesn't remember my desired position session to session. It used to do that, but not any more, sigh.

In any case, since I have 200+ torrents, it's now a moot point for me.
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

User avatar
odeste
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby odeste » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Zooky wrote:
Scott1x wrote:I normally run far less than full screen, so I always suggest that when people are having problems viewing. I've been bit more than once by having a window too small to see all of it. Not all programs deal with too small windows, gracefully!


Resizing, using the nub line, was always a MUST for me. Problem is FW doesn't remember my desired position session to session. It used to do that, but not any more, sigh.

In any case, since I have 200+ torrents, it's now a moot point for me.



I noticed that immediately. To remember the set sizing would make things easier. I'm afraid that I'm a bit baffled by all of the torrent stuff but plan to read portions of Scott1x's help section

Scott1x

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Scott1x » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 pm

I'm wondering why it won't remember screen layout for you guys. I'm on Win7 and that has never been a problem for me. That would cause me to suspect that it's a security/permission issue. Try setting FrostWire to run at administrative level. See if that helps.

User avatar
odeste
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby odeste » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Nope-always reverts. Windows7 also

Scott1x

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Scott1x » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 pm

odeste wrote:Nope-always reverts. Windows7 also

Did you run as admin? All I can say is that on 4 different computers and two operating systems, never had that problem.

User avatar
odeste
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby odeste » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Scott1x wrote:
odeste wrote:Nope-always reverts. Windows7 also

Did you run as admin? All I can say is that on 4 different computers and two operating systems, never had that problem.


Yup. Not a large deal. In all probability it's some setting, somewhere, that requires enabling or disabling. I'll play with it. A nice forum this is-comfortable so far. It's been a long time, being a recluse and much more fond of all non-human animals than my species, since I've participated in one. Too much info? lol

Scott1x

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Scott1x » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:32 pm

odeste wrote:Yup. Not a large deal. In all probability it's some setting, somewhere, that requires enabling or disabling. I'll play with it. A nice forum this is-comfortable so far. It's been a long time, being a recluse and much more fond of all non-human animals than my species, since I've participated in one. Too much info? lol

Not to worry! I'm retired from the IT field, and this is sort of a hobby for me. The forum is FrostWire oriented, but if something is polite and can in any way relate to FrostWire, I consider it fair to post!

If you check out my help pages, you'll find a ton of information relating to FW and P2P security issues and such.

User avatar
gubatron
Development Team
Posts: 1510
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 am
Contact:

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby gubatron » Wed May 01, 2013 7:00 pm

after our next release the transfer area will be as wide as the whole window so you should have more room to adjust your columns.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Scott1x

Re: Download status viewing area

Postby Scott1x » Wed May 01, 2013 7:42 pm

gubatron wrote:after our next release the transfer area will be as wide as the whole window so you should have more room to adjust your columns.

YAY!!!
Gonna love it!


Return to “Desktop Feature Requests”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests