Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

How safe is Frostwire?

Creative and useful discussions about anything involving the world of peer-2-peer.

How safe is Frostwire?

Postby ajm41932 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:42 am

Not virus wise, but legally wise. I know a ton of my friends use it to download their music and they aren't really worried about it at all, but I've been seeing all the lawsuits with people having to pay a fortune for downloading maybe a dozen or two songs. So, I was wondering how safe it would be for someone to download music, the stuff that's illegal...I KNOW it's illegal, but what are the chances of someone getting caught?
ajm41932

Re: How safe is Frostwire?

Postby Only A Hobo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 pm

What is happening more and more is that in certain countries some isps are curbing their customers use of p2p, and in certain cases they are actually disconnecting users, after a number of warnings. The cases you have heard of may well involve out of court settlements being offered, after a threat of court action.

At the end of the day, if you are going to use Frostwire illegally which Frostwire does not condone or incidentally run a book on ;) then your conscience and common sense must be your guide. More facts will be found if you visit Slyck.com who report such things in a fair and sensible manner.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby sonic_x » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Frostwire Software is legal..

But remember to read the Disclaimer... that frostwire puts in its installer..
that your not going to frostwire in any illegal way or former.. when you check mark that you aree to the terms of use of frostwire... You are Alone what you do with the software is YOU!! NOT FROSTWIRE LIABILITY!!

Just remember that..
And on the second note.. Make sure you a Antivirus Sofware installed On your Computer is highly recommend.

Sonic_X
Living the Dream
Golf beach boating
sonic_x

Postby Lucill3 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:55 am

Yes, there is no liability of frostwire for having those threats for viruses. They clearly said that the software is illegal and it has no viruses. For you to able not to worry, you must have an antivirus in your computer.
Last edited by barlou12 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: the spaminator was here
Lucill3

Postby barlou12 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:14 am

thanks for you input Lucill3,

thanks for at least trying to make a reply that bears some relevance to the actual post you attached it to. well done.
doesnt make a lot of sense, but at least you sort of tried.

thanks for the spam link too. sorry we have to delete them, but, there you go.
And now, another moment of confussion, brought to you from the mind of Barlou.
barlou12

Return to Open Discussion