virus infection

Creative and useful discussions about anything involving the world of peer-2-peer.
bulla

virus infection

Postby bulla » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:31 pm

after installing and when tried to use ,it sent shock wave of virus alerts for which reasons I had to uninstall it.Any reason/remedy

Scott1x

Re: virus infection

Postby Scott1x » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:56 am

bulla wrote:after installing and when tried to use ,it sent shock wave of virus alerts for which reasons I had to uninstall it.Any reason/remedy

It would be nice to know what you installed, what version on what operating system and what the virus indication was. Knowing nothing about your environment makes it difficult to respond.

If it is PUP, that is not a virus. When you install ANY software, don't take the default install. Do it the long way and READ every screen. It is far to easy to get something you don't really want, though most installers from major products won't install anything harmful, it's better not to have to installed it than have to remove it.

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:07 pm

Yes please tell us what more information on the virus infection. Where did you download the software. hopefully you didnt pay for it.

Its always a safe practice to have your antivirus software updated.

cheers

sonic_x
Thanks for supporting Frostwire! Sharing is caring :wink: Come join us on slack !

staubach12

Postby staubach12 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:06 pm

the same thing just happened to me when I updated from v. 6.2.3 to 6.2.4. Windows 7 The program was downloaded by the application. when I try to install (I always go the long way and decline all the software) it makes as far as the first optional toolbar screen. when I deselect the program goes into not responding. Then Norton flashes warning signs stops the installation and removes the program.

nanazhengs

Postby nanazhengs » Fri May 20, 2016 9:11 pm

It would be nice to know what you installed, what version on what operating system and what the virus indication was. Knowing nothing about your environment makes it difficult to respond.powerbank

If it is PUP, that is not a virus. When you install ANY software, don't take the default install. Do it the long way and READ every screen. It is far to easy to get something you don't really want, though most installers from major products won't install anything harmful, it's better not to have to installed it than have to remove it.

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:41 pm

Frostwire has optional add on software that will be automatically installed when you install Frostwire . Just make sure to uncheck it so it does t install .

cheers
Sonic_X
Thanks for supporting Frostwire! Sharing is caring :wink: Come join us on slack !

Return to “Open Discussion”