STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Creative and useful discussions about anything involving the world of peer-2-peer.
colin7616
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 am

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby colin7616 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:30 pm

paddypower101,i am in the uk&now most sites are blocked.how did you decide which vpn to choose&cost.

Paddypower101
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:44 am

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Paddypower101 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:30 am

colin7616 wrote:paddypower101,i am in the uk&now most sites are blocked.how did you decide which vpn to choose&cost.


Hi, I'm using the one that Scott1x recommended privateinternetaccess.com I went for the full year and it was $39 (so about £25) I think it's well worth the money. I was testing it out on websites last night that I know are blocked and I could get onto all of them plus I can now access things like Hulu.com :D :D :D :D

Scott1x

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Scott1x » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:42 am

Paddypower101 wrote:Hi, I'm using the one that Scott1x recommended privateinternetaccess.com I went for the full year and it was $39 (so about £25) I think it's well worth the money. I was testing it out on websites last night that I know are blocked and I could get onto all of them plus I can now access things like Hulu.com :D :D :D :D

Getting to blocked sites is a significant benefit of the VPN, but even more important, in many cases, is how the use of shared IPs further protects you. That prevents all unsolicited requests to your IP. This is a way that hackers find entrance to your system, and you are now protected from that. You may never realize that is there, but it can save you a truckload of grief!

colin7616
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 am

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby colin7616 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:23 am

has anybody installed the vpn app on windows 8.i am on the verge of syning up but not sure.although other then the operating system I expext it should work.what made me think if it dosenot install you have to go &follow 27 install steps.colin

Scott1x

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Scott1x » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:21 am

colin7616 wrote:has anybody installed the vpn app on windows 8.i am on the verge of syning up but not sure.although other then the operating system I expext it should work.what made me think if it dosenot install you have to go &follow 27 install steps.colin

I know that zooky has posted that he uses it and he's on win8.
Check some of his posts.

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Zooky » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:15 pm

Scott1x wrote:I know that zooky has posted that he uses it and he's on win8.
Check some of his posts.


I use Private Internet Access (PIA) - same as you do on Win 7. It runs VERY well on Win 8.1!
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Zooky » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:19 pm

Zooky wrote:I use Private Internet Access (PIA) - same as you do on Win 7. It runs VERY well on Win 8.1!


btw - like you, I FIRMLY believe in using a VPN. Using PIA, I could pretend that I was in London and could then watch ALL of the recent Olympics instead of the summarized version we got in the U.S. I was interested in the results of other countries, not just the U.S.
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

colin7616
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 am

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby colin7616 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:25 am

sorry all for being apain.but is it easy to install the vpn that the 3 of you use, as useless tried asking on their site &said I don't need to install the app just use l2tp or pptp if I did notwant to use the software&look up the install instructions.they also said some software can be a problem.just need to know how easy to set up.colin

Scott1x

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Scott1x » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:30 am

colin7616 wrote:sorry all for being apain.but is it easy to install the vpn that the 3 of you use, as useless tried asking on their site &said I don't need to install the app just use l2tp or pptp if I did notwant to use the software&look up the install instructions.they also said some software can be a problem.just need to know how easy to set up.colin

I joined and got my id and password. I downloaded their install routine and installed. I started the program and it worked. Total time was a few minutes from the start of the install.

For me, it doesn't get much easier.

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Zooky » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Scott1x wrote:Total time was a few minutes from the start of the install.
For me, it doesn't get much easier.


Ditto for my experience.
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

colin7616
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:32 am

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby colin7616 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:10 am

thankyou for all your help.the the private internet company sent me an email with 4 steps when you open up the file the 3rd was run as administrator with pass word but I don't think I put a password in so I suppose ignore that.thanks again for all your help.colin

Scott1x

Re: STICKY: Solving the Problem of Blocked Index Sites

Postby Scott1x » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:39 am

colin7616 wrote:thankyou for all your help.the the private internet company sent me an email with 4 steps when you open up the file the 3rd was run as administrator with pass word but I don't think I put a password in so I suppose ignore that.thanks again for all your help.colin

As I recall, you get your password in an email.


Return to “Open Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests