Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

Nothing downloads!

Creative and useful discussions about anything involving the world of peer-2-peer.

Nothing downloads!

Postby Skimbleshanks » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:05 pm

As far as I know, I successfully downloaded the latest FW. However, only the first few songs downloaded and now, nothing will download. The status says it's downloading, but no progress or anything. I actually left my computer running over night to see if it was a slow connection, but 7 hours later, it didn't change. It seems that anything from source ISOHunt will not work. Am I doing something wrong?
Skimbleshanks

Re: Nothing downloads!

Postby Scott1x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:39 pm

Skimbleshanks wrote:As far as I know, I successfully downloaded the latest FW. However, only the first few songs downloaded and now, nothing will download. The status says it's downloading, but no progress or anything. I actually left my computer running over night to see if it was a slow connection, but 7 hours later, it didn't change. It seems that anything from source ISOHunt will not work. Am I doing something wrong?

All index sites can get cranky and fail to work at time. Sometimes they simply are blocked, offline, or have changed their search protocols and will require a new release of FW to function properly.

I just tried an isohunt torrent and having no better luck than you, so I'd say the problem is general. -Cancel that. It just started, but it did take awhile and the torrent (UBUNTU) is well seeded. Try that one from isohunt and see what happens.

Other sites are still working for you?
Hints and help here-->My FrostWire Help Pages
Scott1x

Postby Skimbleshanks » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:32 pm

Pretty much all other sites are working, just not ISOHunt. I'm not sure with what you're saying about UBUNTU. I went to that site and it says it's an OS. I'm not the smartest person in the world and I just started FW last week. So I'm pretty darn new to this.
Skimbleshanks

Postby Scott1x » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Skimbleshanks wrote:Pretty much all other sites are working, just not ISOHunt. I'm not sure with what you're saying about UBUNTU. I went to that site and it says it's an OS. I'm not the smartest person in the world and I just started FW last week. So I'm pretty darn new to this.

I didn't say actually down load it. I said use it as a test for isohunt. If it starts, you know isohunt is ok and you has selected bad torrents. They do exist. If you can download ubuntu once it starts enough to see that it's working, just cancel it. It's a test.

If it doesn't start, there are several options. Your ISP is blocking isohunt, Isohunt is in an access path that isn't working and other possibilities. None of which you can change. We hope ubuntu works and the torrents you tried are bad. If they are, try different ones. If not, you'll have to wait until the problems resolves itself, if ever. If it's your ISP you can change ISPs or use a VPN. I use a VPN all of the times, so you can guess what I recommend.

If you want to learn more, read my help pages.
Scott1x

Postby Skimbleshanks » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Yep, UBUNTU started to download just fine. But I still can't download any torrent from ISOHunt through FW. This is infuriating. Oh, the feebleness of my simple brain...
Skimbleshanks

Postby Scott1x » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Skimbleshanks wrote:Yep, UBUNTU started to download just fine. But I still can't download any torrent from ISOHunt through FW. This is infuriating. Oh, the feebleness of my simple brain...

Did you use an isohunt UBUNTU? It you did, then the torrents from isohunt are bad. Try finding the same torrent on another tracker. You can copy the hash and put that into a search engine to hunt for it on other trackers. I'd recommend https://duckduckgo.com/
Scott1x

Return to Open Discussion