Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

ERROR MESSAGE - failed to create parent directory

Creative and useful discussions about anything involving the world of peer-2-peer.

ERROR MESSAGE - failed to create parent directory

Postby neorican » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:33 am

I keep getting this error message -failed to create parent directory - and so i cant download

would appreciate any help-- thanks,,,,,Ralph
neorican

Re: ERROR MESSAGE - failed to create parent directory

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 am

There are two ways to sort this problem, both of which are effectively making a clean install of Frostwire.

If you are using Windows:

1. Fully close Frostwire. Go to start > run and type in %appdata% this will bring up a number of preference folders among which will be FrostWire5. Delete this folder and restart Frostwire and reconfigure it. I strongly advise leaving the Torrent Data folder left as the default.

2. Completely remove all traces of Frostwire5. To do this use Revo Uninstaller or a similar program since Windows uninstaller in the Control Panel fails to do the job thoroughly. Revo will locate additional related files which need to be removed.

Before doing this ensure you have a back up of the files in your save, shared Torrent Data and Torrents folders, or at least remove them to your desktop or somewhere similar, just to be on the safe side.

Then install Frostwire from the FrostWire.com link above.

I hope this helps. If you do not have Windows or need more help please post back with details.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby neorican » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 am

Hi ,

Thanks again for your assistance-No Luck!

I tried both of your suggestions including The revo installer - and after reinstall I tried several different download searches AND GOT THE SAME error message.

- As soon as I hit the download , I was taken to a popup saying download XVID CODEC and that I need A PLUGIN,- I didn't do anything and at that point I went back to Frostwire and saw the same error message .

Is it possible that I did something wrong or is there another solution -- I am on W7-

Thanks again, Ralph
neorican

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:05 am

Please confirm you are still using 5.0.8 I have assumed you are.

Please can you go to tools > Options > Bit torrent and tell me what is says for the Torrent Data Save Folder.

When you start a download you get taken to a web page which had details of the torrent. Unfortunately some of these pages are somewhat overrun by advertisements, and I am suspecting that maybe the pop up you are seeing is one of these. In any event the web page is for information only and no action need be taken on the page.

Are you the administrator of your computer?
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby neorican » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 am

Please confirm you are still using 5.0.8 I have assumed you are. -- YES, Iam

Please can you go to tools > Options > Bit torrent and tell me what is says for the Torrent Data Save Folder.
c:\users\neorican\download\frostwire\

"" and SEED is highlighted"

When you start a download you get taken to a web page which had details of the torrent. Unfortunately some of these pages are somewhat overrun by advertisements, and I am suspecting that maybe the pop up you are seeing is one of these. In any event the web page is for information only and no action need be taken on the page.
"Thank you-- They kind of hint that you must download their ad , in order to get your download -- So, I will ignore their ads ""

Are you the administrator of your computer?- YES , I am

Again, Thank you
neorican

Postby neorican » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:13 am

Hi,
Still getting the same message and can't download--

Is it possible that you have to log in or sign in to stop that message -- If so where do you do it ?

Thanks, Ralph
neorican

Return to Open Discussion