Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

how to download just music

Creative and useful discussions about anything involving the world of peer-2-peer.

how to download just music

Postby verywary » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:30 pm

ok, i just downloaded the new 5.0 version of frostwire and i noticed, i no longer have the option to select the tab that will allow me to search for just music or just videos. there used to be tabs for video, audio, and other types of torrents. now when i search for something, how do i know if its music or not?
verywary

Re: how to download just music

Postby isafparadis » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:28 pm

I have the same problem as you... :( And, for the moment, that's why I prefered the previous version... Even if there is more results now, it's all mixed together and I can't really find exactly what I'm looking for... If ever you find out how to resolve it, please tell me... I'll do the same for you... Thanks! :)
isafparadis

Postby ThorTheGreat » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:41 pm

I have the same problem as you... And, for the moment, that's why I prefered the previous version... Even if there is more results now, it's all mixed together and I can't really find exactly what I'm looking for... If ever you find out how to resolve it, please tell me... I'll do the same for you... Thanks!

Since you don’t like the new version of frostwire, and nearly everyone that seems to try it doesn't (which I'll get to in a minute), you can install the old GOOD version of frostwire, V4, by going to the following link:

http://oldapps.com/frostwire/php

This is a link to frostwire V4.21.6 and NOT 4.21.8…the latest version of frostwire 4 turned off file sharing by default which made no sense whatever and was probably done in an attempt to kill off the music network that all of us built, and force users to switch to this new useless version of frostwire that’s torrent only.

Frostwire 5 is a 100% different program that only searches torrents…and the makers of frostwire have deceived all of us users and are trying to kill the old network that the old frostwire connected to…version 5 of frostwire finds only a FRACTION of the music of the old version and is MUCH harder to use for nearly everyone, which is what you also noticed as well…the frostwire forums are already filling up with complaints and they can’t ignore the millions of us forever…

PLEASE read the following messages in the frostwire forums, spread the word, post how you feel about what the makers of frostwire are doing, and make your voices heard:

http://forum.frostwire.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11359

http://forum.frostwire.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11241

http://forum.frostwire.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11120

http://forum.frostwire.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11149

In the meantime you can use the link above to download the old AMAZING and WORKING frostwire 4 and you can uninstall the cr*p useless new version 5 from your computer.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm posting this reply to several people who have complaned about the new frostwire, don't know how to get the old one back, and the frostwire makers have IGNORED their question (not suprised considering how many posts there are about the new version of frostwire being totally useless)
Last edited by The_Fox on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced the link for a suitable one.
ThorTheGreat

Postby verywary » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 am

thx for the reply. it was helpful.
verywary

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:24 pm

not that helpful ... Frostwire 5 is a new and different program and the following should be helpful

There is a brief guide for Frostwire 5 HERE,
and A guide HERE in more detail with a FAQ which is constantly being updated.

Also see The YouTube Video: FrostWire 5 How to Search and Download:

Use of the simple search and simple filter do actually produce very clear and accurate results once you have worked out how to use them, which is definitely not hard. i would explain but the guides do do it very well and I have been posting quite enough here today ......
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby echo87 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:31 am

Easier it is not. a solid blue o symbol will get you the song, or the album, or the complete history. I'm not really sure. A symbol that plays your videos, will dl a video. I'm pretty sure I hate it. Spent a couple hours tonight trying to figure it out. (also the past week a few hours) Plus the music only file seems entirely to big. MG, just for music only?
I'm on the fence right now, but might run to old style.

I dont get the seeding thing. I leave files open for days thinking they might be downloading, only to have nothing, even though they say its complete. I have lots of files for ppl who want to share, whats with the time thing? Getting old video files has always been hard compared to LimeWire. Extreemly hard. Wonder if there is another program altogether that gets me what I want without pulling my hair out.
echo87

Postby The_Problum82 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:34 am

I am not a noob I just have been under the radar tweeking my imac to perfection, but this is ridiculous torrents are illegal... if used "irresponcibly"...lol and now I have to seed openly? But I digress, Anyway V4 is way better and I can't even access the music I used to and I have been downloading same and new songs since 2000 so trust me I know what I'm missing. I have explored every nook and cranny of V5, it is no helping the audio video seperate search. That's that so I added kickass torrents and youtube but it won't add? A little feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :twisted:
The_Problum82

Postby normalize » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:04 pm

the new frostwire XXXXX sucks
normalize

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:26 pm

5 stars .. yes Thats what I give it :) :lol:
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby vgregory22 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 am

How do you download music from Frostwire to an iPod touch?

My friend just got an iPod touch. It's the kind with the camera and it has 8GB. We just downloaded Frostwire and are trying to figure out how to download music from Frostwire to her iPod. Help?
vgregory22

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:53 pm

@vgregory,

This forum is not interested in your get rich quick schemes and your signature has therefore been removed.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you may have been making a couple of valid enquiries in your three posts, (two of which I have removed), so please take a look at the following links.

see STICKY: ITUNES, IPOD, VIDEO IPOD WMP MP3 PLAYER etc. ANSWERS

and also The Blog Entry on Frostwire 5.1.4 and searching for individual files.
Only A Hobo

Postby Ayub Bacchu » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 am

Your spam is not welcome here...
Last edited by THX1138 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam Removed..
Ayub Bacchu

Return to Open Discussion