android market

Got a cool new idea or feature request? We would like to hear it!
aekhhi

android market

Postby aekhhi » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Please submit this to the android market, at&t does not allow outside installation of applications! I'm not comfortable on rooting my phone (only experience is blackberry's and unlocking, etc).... and I tried installing this and I cannot open due to at&t's restrictions. so please consider submitting to the market so people who have no experience in rooting their phone, can also enjoy this application!

djbluephoenix

Re: android market

Postby djbluephoenix » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:08 pm

can't your phone hook up to your computer via USB?.. isnt there a way to drag and drop the program when your phone is in removable media mode?
my Android eats BlackBerrys and shits IPhones
<~Blue~>~<~Phoenix~>

quote is made by me, free to use just put my sig thanks :)

aekhhi

Postby aekhhi » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 pm

yea I tried that too. still locked out of it. I even saved the program onto my SD card.. and of course, nothing works. :( att won't allow third party apps if its not in the android market unless you root your phone, and I have no knowledge of how to do that and

gubatron
Development Team

Postby gubatron » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:44 pm

It's very weird that you cannot setup your phone to let applications from outside the market to be installed. What phone do you have?

It's going to be at least a couple of weeks or maybe a month before we make it to the Android Market, we want to have a little more functionality before we put it out there for the world to see.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

aekhhi

Postby aekhhi » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:07 pm

gubatron wrote:It's very weird that you cannot setup your phone to let applications from outside the market to be installed. What phone do you have?

It's going to be at least a couple of weeks or maybe a month before we make it to the Android Market, we want to have a little more functionality before we put it out there for the world to see.

htc aria on at&t... at&t blocks 3rd party applications from being installed.
I used sideload wonder machine though and was able to install it.
only problem... I can't get the newest version. it says there is an update (im on 0.4.11 that was downloaded from this site)
and since at&t has security settings, I cannot get the update (posted this in the bugs section)

so is there a link for 0.4.16? the one on the site gives you 0.4.11, not 0.4.16

and my phone is not rooted. not comfortable doing that.

gubatron
Development Team

Postby gubatron » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:52 pm

Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Return to “Mobile Feature Requests”