Support wasn't much help so I am seeing if there are others with the same problem I have.
Last night I had FrostWire consume ~10.5GB of background data over my mobile data connection. I had all of the options selected to have WiFi be the only connection used for downloads but the data was used anyway. Support said that the data could only be used by the video for mobile advertisements and that there was nothing they could do about the $100+ dollar charge I'm getting for the data use last night. They did give me a 30 day trial promo code of the ad free version, but as you might imagine, this only accomplished to mildly irritate me.
I can post up a bit more information if anyone has the same problem or interest in troubleshooting it with me.
- Android 7.1.2
- vanilla stock build with locked bootloader and unrooted
- FrostWire Basic v1.9.9 build 9010445 sdk 25 jlibtorrent v126.96.36.199-RC2
- hadn't been run in days
wasn't visibly active in my device notifications
Here's what I have done so far:
- 1. saved a debug report and screenshots of versions, settings, and data usage
2. opened a support ticket with FrostWire
3. opened a support ticket with my cellular provider (Google)
4. connected my phone to a network sniffing AP (using Fedora 25 Workstation Live) to log WiFi packets
5. initiated another torrent download
Unfortunately my limitations are:
- 1. no cellular data packet sniffing capabilities
2. unrooted phone