HELP¡!!!!!

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
moviejunkie

HELP¡!!!!!

Postby moviejunkie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:17 am

Ugh I'm so frustrated every time I try an download a movie it goes. All the way through the download says finished an then will not tel me watch it says the file does not exist!!!!! Help help help help I really love frostwire

Scott1x

Re: HELP¡!!!!!

Postby Scott1x » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:44 am

moviejunkie wrote:Ugh I'm so frustrated every time I try an download a movie it goes. All the way through the download says finished an then will not tel me watch it says the file does not exist!!!!! Help help help help I really love frostwire

To submit a help request:
Please indicate your -
    Operating system:
    FrostWire Level Number:
    If this is an upgrade, from what level:
    Virus Checker:
    Fire Wall:
    Are you behind a router:
    Using a proxy or VPN:
    Type of internet connection:
    Problem Description:
Make sure, if you have one, that the router is allowing the FrostWire port and/or set for UPnP
Describe, in as much detail as you can, the nature of your problem, errors, messages, what does or does not happen, etc:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does this happen on a specific index site or is it on every index site. Do try different sites to insure that the problem is or is not consistent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you recently upgraded from a version 6 to another level of 6, try dropping back a level. If you went from level 5 to level 6, in some environments, FW6 has problems, which the developers are trying to address. If you'd post your operating system and machine type, it will help the development process. Providing that information will help the developers find and correct the problems that are affecting you.

Until these problems are solved, your best option would be to install the version that was working properly for you.

You can find old versions on: http://www.oldapps.com/frostwire.php I'm using version 5.7.7 with no problems. To drop back to version 5 from 6 requires some attention.

Before installing a version 5, I'd completely remove versions 6. Use revo, a free unintaller and go above the standard uninstall.
http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/ ... r_portable
NOW: (for Win7. Other systems will have similar files)
    From file explorer, navigate to your c:\users\YourAccount
    (assuming your system drive is c:\") and delete the folder: .frostwire5
    This forces a reinitialization of FrostWire, so you will have to answer the setup questions.
After a revo uninstall, you may or may not find this folder.
Now, install the version 5 program that you have selected and hope for the best.
Until these problems are solved, your best option would be to install the version that was working best for you.

Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”