Lag

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
8kplay

Lag

Postby 8kplay » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:17 am

I deleted the app because it took a lot of battery, but now I have lags spikes. It's always 1 big one, then 2 little ones, and then it's fine for a while and repeats. Any ides or suggestions?

Scott1x

Re: Lag

Postby Scott1x » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:04 am

8kplay wrote:I deleted the app because it took a lot of battery, but now I have lags spikes. It's always 1 big one, then 2 little ones, and then it's fine for a while and repeats. Any ides or suggestions?

Since mobile devices are often always on, it may be possible for a deleted app to be still memory resident. I have no clue if this is possible, but clearing memory, powering down and restarting probably wouldn't hurt.

gubatron
Development Team

Postby gubatron » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm

stay tuned for FrostWire 1.4.0. HUGE HUGE performance improvements.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

pomi123

Postby pomi123 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:50 am

OK got the latest apk from your page -- the cached one though as the current one doesn't have it. Would have liked it from F-droid, but am still infinitely grateful for you guys making it anyway. I don't use the play store app because its not FOSS. Anyhow, the magnet link seems to trigger the opening if Frostwire 1.1.1 but nothing seems to appear on the list to indicate progress of the download or anything to indicate that it will start something.
adil

gubatron
Development Team

Postby gubatron » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:50 pm

we're very close to releasing 1.4.0, hang on tight.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”