CDMA phone work on a 4G network

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
chrismeil

CDMA phone work on a 4G network

Postby chrismeil » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:09 am

Can a CDMA phone work on a 4G network? My wife just recently got a CDMA phone... it's a Samsung Freeform... the carrier we are through is possibly finally updating to the 4G network. Can a CDMA phone work on a 4G network?

ahmed

Re: CDMA phone work on a 4G network

Postby ahmed » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:52 am

chrismeil wrote:Can a CDMA phone work on a 4G network? My wife just recently got a CDMA phone... it's a Samsung Freeform... the carrier we are through is possibly finally updating to the 4G network. Can a CDMA phone work on a 4G network?

This totally depends on your carrier. In most cases, carriers might decide to upgrade to 4G without dropping support for CDMA i.e. supporting both. You need to know if your carrier is dropping support for CDMA or not. If your carrier is dropping support for CDMA, then you have to grab another phone that supports newer network technologies or change carrier if the phone is SIM-enabled. You can contact your carrier's customer care to know such information.

P.S: If your carrier is supporting both networks, your CDMA phone should work albeit without 4G features. To use 4G, you need a network carrier and phone that supports 4G, and most often, you need to subscribe to a 4G plan with that carrier. I hope this helps. Please, you should post questions in a way more related to FrostWire applications next time. Thanks

Ahmed

Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”