Is Frostwire tv dead?

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
Alfamale1974

Is Frostwire tv dead?

Postby Alfamale1974 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:34 am

Hi all.

I've been a user of frostwire TV for ages and when I got my Samsung galaxy s2 I decided to get the mobile app along with Frostwire TV. Both worked great for a month or so but for the last 2 months I can't connect to Frostwire tv. Whether I'm on WiFior my mobile connection it keeps saying can't connect to server. Is this an issue my end or is it to do with the Frosrwire servers?

Cheers guys

Alfamale1974

Re: Is Frostwire tv dead?

Postby Alfamale1974 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Wow I kinda expected a reply of some sort but nothing lol. Does no one else use frostwire TV? It was fantastic whilst it was working. I've used the search facility but cant get any results from it. If anyone is able to help me regarding this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Alfamale1974 wrote:Wow I kinda expected a reply of some sort but nothing lol. Does no one else use frostwire TV? It was fantastic whilst it was working. I've used the search facility but cant get any results from it. If anyone is able to help me regarding this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't reply because I've never even heard of it! If you are in the UK, a lot of facilities are being blocked by government mandate. You can find quite a bit about this in recent posts.

I'd be more than willing to help, but I know nothing about it. It does sound interesting. What platform does it run on and how did you obtain it?

Alfamale1974

Postby Alfamale1974 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Thanks for your reply. Yes I'm from the UK and I found Frostwire TV in the Google play store when I did a search for frostwire.as far ad I can see Frostwire TV is only available on Android. It had most terrestrial UK TV channels and a lot more from around the world. A quick Google search explains what Frostwire TV is but there is no reference to why it had stopped working all of a sudden. My Frostwire torrent search and download platform is still working fine on both PC and mobile its just Frostwire TV that is down

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Alfamale1974 wrote:Thanks for your reply. Yes I'm from the UK and I found Frostwire TV in the Google play store when I did a search for frostwire.as far ad I can see Frostwire TV is only available on Android. It had most terrestrial UK TV channels and a lot more from around the world. A quick Google search explains what Frostwire TV is but there is no reference to why it had stopped working all of a sudden. My Frostwire torrent search and download platform is still working fine on both PC and mobile its just Frostwire TV that is down

I was searching it as you were replying to me. :) I can only guess, but I'm guessing that what ever connection that was used to do what you were doing has been blocked. There are VPN apps for android, and if you could get one of those working you may be able to restore your connectivity. If you check out my help pages, I do discuss VPN technology. It would apply in a similar manner for android.

It is a pain, but we have to do what we have to do to maintain our freedom is spite of the government.

Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”