Can't open files on Kindle Fire

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
ipukeglitter

Can't open files on Kindle Fire

Postby ipukeglitter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:04 am

I used Frostwire to successfully download several torrents- about 5 books in both ePub and mobi formats, and one mp4 movie. I used both kickasstorrents and the frostwire search function to get the torrents. After the files are complete I go to open them and get the message, "Sorry, do not know how to open this file." Wth, anybody else had this happen, am I doing something wrong, please help, etc.

Scott1x

Re: Can't open files on Kindle Fire

Postby Scott1x » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:31 am

ipukeglitter wrote:I used Frostwire to successfully download several torrents- about 5 books in both ePub and mobi formats, and one mp4 movie. I used both kickasstorrents and the frostwire search function to get the torrents. After the files are complete I go to open them and get the message, "Sorry, do not know how to open this file." Wth, anybody else had this happen, am I doing something wrong, please help, etc.

You probably need to contact Amazon about this. From their web site:
Kindle Fire supports multiple file types that are free of digital rights management software. These types of files may be transferred to your Kindle Fire via USB:

Documents: AZW, TXT,PDF, MOBI, PRC, DOC, DOCX
Audio supported within Music: MP3, Non-DRM AAC (.m4a), MIDI, OGG, WAV
Video: MP4, VP8

Mobipocket files that have Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection applied are unable to read on your Kindle Fire. If you purchased a Mobipocket file from a Mobipocket retailer, you will not be able to open the file on your Kindle Fire.

EPUB ebooks are not supported on Kindle Fire.

You can add any of the listed documents file types to your Kindle Fire without using the Kindle Personal Documents Service to convert those files to a compatible type. If it is not listed above, conversion would be necessary to read the file on your Kindle Fire.

The Kindle supports only a limited list of file types and is oriented to their proprietary file type. As a multipurpose tablet, it is limited.

ipukeglitter

Postby ipukeglitter » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:58 am

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Wed May 14, 2014 12:40 pm

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-read- ... ur-kindle/

Read the link above they have a solution for it :)
so you can read epub on your kindle

when in doubt change the format .. so kindle can read it in its native format :)
such a simple solution
Thanks for supporting Frostwire! Sharing is caring :wink: Come join us on slack !

Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”