How to Fix black screen error at Win 8 startup

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
mrronaldocr7

How to Fix black screen error at Win 8 startup

Postby mrronaldocr7 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:15 pm

Fix black screen error at Win 8 startup

Please help me fix black sreen error at win 8 startup

Scott1x

Re: How to Fix black screen error at Win 8 startup

Postby Scott1x » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 am

Do a search for windows 8 black screen. There can be several causes. How you approach the fix depends on the cause. You will have to diagnose the problem and apply the proper fix.

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Wed May 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Solution 1

Safe Mode
The first thing you can try is Safe Mode in Windows 8. Obviously, it was a graphics card problem and safe mode loads with minimal graphics drivers

If you can get into Safe Mode, then you can try and download some different drivers and see if that fixes the problem. If you have a machine like a Dell or HP, try to go to their site and download the latest driver they provide for Intel HD graphics. If you already have the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and you are still having the same problem, you can try downloading the latest drivers from Intel itself.
Thanks for supporting Frostwire! Sharing is caring :wink: Come join us on slack !

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Wed May 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Solution 2

Connect to External Display
If you can’t get into safe mode, you can also try connecting your laptop to an external display via HDMI, VGA, DVI, etc. I tested this out and it works fine. Windows 8 booted with no issues. The laptop screen remained black, but at least I was able to get in and adjust the settings.

The other thing you can try is to disable Intel HD Graphics and then try to boot Windows 8. This has fixed the problem for some people. You can do this by going to the Start Screen and start typing Device Manager. This will automatically open the Charms bar and start a search
Thanks for supporting Frostwire! Sharing is caring :wink: Come join us on slack !

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Wed May 14, 2014 12:37 pm

Solution 3

My Solution :)

Restart your windows 8 ... when its in Black screen

hit FN and F1 button at the same time... Hit it a few times :)

Hope it works for you ... worked many times for me.
this black screen of death is caused by video card issues with windows 8

Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”