CAN'T SYNC FROM LAPTOP TO PHONE

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
SUNSET817

CAN'T SYNC FROM LAPTOP TO PHONE

Postby SUNSET817 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:44 am

Ok..
So I downloaded frost 5 today onto my laptop where I have my previous version music files. I downloaded a couple more songs today and then connected my Samsung Galaxy SIII phone. Usually just plugging it into the phone it would automatically sync..but it wouldnt sync. It recognizes the T999L phone and the sd card..but i cannot get it to transfer from laptop to phone. The auto sync box is greyed out and cannot select it...any ideas how to get it to download my music files to my phone?
SUNSET817

E-mail SUNSET817

Only A Hobo

Re: CAN'T SYNC FROM LAPTOP TO PHONE

Postby Only A Hobo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:34 am

Do you have the latest Frostwire for Android installed on your Phone? This makes the transfer very easy.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

SUNSET817

Postby SUNSET817 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am

Yes I have V 1.1.1 on my Andriod phone.

aleeza

Postby aleeza » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:26 am

upnp mapping doesn't seem to work on my router from frostwire android client. I can see mapped port from desktop frostwire client, but there is no mapped port from mobile device, though downloading works (apparently, direct download from tracker or something but not from other client behind NAT).
Mobile device is connected to the wi-fi and has ip of local network - 10.0.0.2.
How can it be fixed (without manual mapping of the port on router)?
Whether you want to pass 70-331 exams or looking for hawaii.edu certification, our can provide guaranteed success in real exam of Testking 1Y0-350 Good Luck.

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:31 am

aleeza wrote:upnp mapping doesn't seem to work on my router from frostwire android client. I can see mapped port from desktop frostwire client, but there is no mapped port from mobile device, though downloading works (apparently, direct download from tracker or something but not from other client behind NAT).
Mobile device is connected to the wi-fi and has ip of local network - 10.0.0.2.
How can it be fixed (without manual mapping of the port on router)?

My first thought would be to check for an upgrade to your router. If upnp is really failing and is not fixed by an upgrade, my approach would be to assign a known IP to your mobile device and and forward the needed ports to it.

Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”