Help!

The worlds first mobile WiFi Peer-2-Peer filesharing app!
Loliver1988
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:52 am

Help!

Postby Loliver1988 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:57 am

Frost wire on my desktop and Frost wire on my android are both on and running but, Frost wire on my desktop is not even showing a branch for devices all it says is Wifi sharing. Can someone please tell me what is going on please?

Scott1x

Re: Help!

Postby Scott1x » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:58 am

Loliver1988 wrote:Frost wire on my desktop and Frost wire on my android are both on and running but, Frost wire on my desktop is not even showing a branch for devices all it says is Wifi sharing. Can someone please tell me what is going on please?

FW on your desk top says: Wife sharing?
Where does it say that? That is a message that I've never seen.
I'm not sure what you mean by - a branch for devices. Another thing I've never seen.
If you could post a screen shot, that may help.

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Help!

Postby Zooky » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:51 am

Scott1x wrote:FW on your desk top says: Wife sharing?


Did you, perchance, forget to put on your glasses before you read his message? :lol:
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

Scott1x

Re: Help!

Postby Scott1x » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:18 pm

Zooky wrote:
Scott1x wrote:FW on your desk top says: Wife sharing?


Did you, perchance, forget to put on your glasses before you read his message? :lol:

LOL.. I was SLEEPY!!!

I'd been up all night!!! GIVE ME A BREAK! :roll:

Loliver1988
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:52 am

Re: Help!

Postby Loliver1988 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Apparently it's supposed to look like something like this...
-Wifi Sharing
-devices
Then it should list all the devices that are running frostwire and on the network.
Well, -devices is not listed so, there is nothing beneath -Wifi Sharing.

Scott1x

Re: Help!

Postby Scott1x » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Loliver1988 wrote:Apparently it's supposed to look like something like this...
-Wifi Sharing
-devices
Then it should list all the devices that are running frostwire and on the network.
Well, -devices is not listed so, there is nothing beneath -Wifi Sharing.

Are there actually other devices running FW on the network?
Do check your firewall and router permissions.

Loliver1988
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:52 am

Re: Help!

Postby Loliver1988 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:45 pm

I have and both are allowing frostwire to pass through without a hitch.

Loliver1988
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:52 am

Re: Help!

Postby Loliver1988 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:46 pm

My Android is on the same network and is running Frostwire.

Scott1x

Re: Help!

Postby Scott1x » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 am

Sadly, I have no experience in this area. Maybe someone else will see this thread and respond with helpful information.

User avatar
gubatron
Development Team
Posts: 1495
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 am
Contact:

Re: Help!

Postby gubatron » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 pm

First of all Make sure your computer and your mobile device are connected to the SAME Wi-Fi hotspot.

If both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, try to have a strong signal.

If they still don't see each other, try restarting FrostWire on each device that you don't see on the list of devices.

If they still don't see each other and you have access to the Wi-Fi router, check its configuration and make sure "IP Isolation" is not enabled.

If possible restart your Wi-Fi router, usually when devices cannot see each other its due to Wi-Fi router issues.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Jamez99
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Help!

Postby Jamez99 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 am

Hello all. Just found this site and looks great. Hope this is the right place to start please can any one help me i intsall it. i click on the icon but nothing happens. I'm running ubuntu 12.6 on a laptop.
"ONe Day I will be Part of your World.")

Scott1x

Re: Help!

Postby Scott1x » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Jamez99 wrote:Hello all. Just found this site and looks great. Hope this is the right place to start please can any one help me i intsall it. i click on the icon but nothing happens. I'm running ubuntu 12.6 on a laptop.

Try to find a repository version... That may get you going, and make sure you are current on java.


Return to “FrostWire Mobile Technical Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests