Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

Cant connect to frostwire CHAT

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.

Re: Cant connect to frostwire CHAT

Postby Only A Hobo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Great..

I have a feeling this might be a Java problem, but it is only a guess.

Please could you ensure Frostwire is fully closed then,
completely remove all traces of Java. To do this use Revo Uninstaller or a similar program since Windows uninstaller in the Control Panel fails to do the job thoroughly. Revo will locate additional related files which need to be removed.

Then install Java from HERE using the offline installer.

Please let us know if this helps or not.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby Shigo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:10 am

i tried and it was unsucessful but the website worked
Shigo

Postby Only A Hobo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Please go to http://www.java.com/en/download/help/javaconsole.xml and check your Java is enabled.

Also please confirm you can join the chat with http://null.cluenet.org:9090/ but not http://www.wyrdjax.co.uk/IRC/login.html using the same username but turn one off before trying the other.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby Shigo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 am

it wont let me open my console so the last step is impossible for me and the wyrdjax is still not working
Shigo

Postby The_Fox » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Simple solution:

Click here

Use that. It'll be updated when i get around to it. Make sure you click 'no' to the security warning.
The_Fox

Postby Shigo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 pm

still does not work
Shigo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 am

I can only imagine that possibly your system needs a good spring clean. I am not a Windows user, but I think you may find barlou12's post here helpful. viewtopic.php?p=35817#p35817 See how you get on.
Only A Hobo

Postby Shigo » Wed May 11, 2011 4:11 pm

nothing is working!
Shigo

Postby Only A Hobo » Wed May 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Shigo,

I'm afraid today is not the best time for you to be trying again .. We are having problems with the chat. It has been on and off the last few days and is currently off. Once we get the chat working properly we will try to get you connected, .. I'm not sure when exactly that will be. .. bear with us and I will try to remember to post back, if I can.
Only A Hobo

Postby jsmorrison55 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:53 pm

well, can we know when can we really use the chat? i am not irate or anything, just asking. :D
jsmorrison55

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 am

The simple answer is, at the moment, we do not know. Sorry, we do get it running but not for long. Please bear with us.
Only A Hobo

Postby Shigo » Sat May 14, 2011 1:55 pm

i give up about it all
Shigo

Postby Only A Hobo » Sat May 14, 2011 2:18 pm

Shigo, dont give up right now!. We are having server problems as you will have gathered, and no one can connect. I am just hoping that when we DO get up properly, maybe your problems will solve themselves, hopefully :D
Only A Hobo

Postby moongirl818 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:42 pm

i cannot connect to frostwire chat. Each time i try it says that "network problems are preventing you from connecting to the chat service. press connect to try again" i have hit it a dozen times at least and still nothing. My connection is turbo charged and i have version 4.21.6 which is the latest version. Is the server down or something?
moongirl818

Postby Only A Hobo » Tue May 17, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm afraid it is down at the moment. BTW, for future reference, it is not necessary to have a turbocharged connection to join chat (when it is working)
Only A Hobo

PreviousNext

Return to Chat Room Help