STICKY: Frostwire Chat Community COMPLAINTS

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.
Casper67
Team Member

STICKY: Frostwire Chat Community COMPLAINTS

Postby Casper67 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:29 am

Lets see where shall i begin...

I have started this topic for ALL those who feel hard done by in Frostwire Chat, idea is to keep all posts relating to users grievances.complaints,moans,gripes whatever you feel you need to bring to the attention of the chat staff or opers all nice and in the one place instead of dotted all over the forum.

There is 111111 (at time of post) other users of frostwire many that have no interest in the chat side of things, afterall this is a Frostwire Support Forum. I can imagine its giving the developers a sore head also.

If you have a complaint feel free to post it in here instead of random anywhere on the forum, there is however a few conditions before you do...

1. Have any logs close to hand as no log no reply/action.
2. Any apparent bad mouthing or targetting another user, post will be removed.
3. DONT post here if you were banned from main or any other official room less than 48hrs ago. NO PRIVATE ROOM ISSUES.
4. Unless DIRECTLY involved in any topics in here, DONT bother posting.

Casper

gubatron
Development Team

Re: STICKY: Frostwire Chat Community COMPLAINTS

Postby gubatron » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:09 am

Code: Select all

um... i was afk on ur server and when i came back noticed i was glined... Nick is StORMmy and this is the message i got (11:30) [Server@chat.frostwire.com] ¤ You are banned from PeerCommons ([THX1138] botnets are prohibited) Email contact@frostwire.com for more information.
-
(11:30) Closing Link: StORMmy[76.11.230.45] (User has been banned from PeerCommons ([THX1138] botnets are prohibited))

um.. im not a bot lol and have no idea what happened

Got this complaint today.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Humanoid

Postby Humanoid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:59 pm

There was indeed a botnet, and they were all hanging in their 'home' channel. Anyone in that channel was killed.
Whether it's your idea or just part of the groupies, you shouldn't have gotten involved with it at all.
The thing about CHANKILL is it's kind of easy to return, if you're a real person anyway. :)

THX1138

Postby THX1138 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:22 pm

Any "innocent" users that were involved were shortly reinstated after the attack ceased (including StORMmy), there were four in total that were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. With over 100 bots attacking the network in a revolving door fashion - there is no time to process genuine users from bots, the control channel was found and addressed in the appropriate manor. I would do the same again if the situation were to reoccur, though i may not be so leinent next time toard the users that were involved in the previous attack, if involved in another.. I would suggest to everyone that notices such an event taking place in a room to part it and immediatly notify staff of the events taking place so it can be addressed - if you know of someone else in the room as well - tell them to leave or if their not active, make this information known to staff as well so they can be removed from the room before any action is taken.

Cheers :)

THX

FknBish

Postby FknBish » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:17 am

I had nothing to do with that actually... and i wasn't expecting this to be posted on here... i sent an email.. so sorry if i caused you all any probs... and i did thanks THX for unbanning me shortly after i sent the email.. thanks again man :D... so sorry for the problems i caused if any.. and i dropped that chan due to all the bots that joined... i had no clue what was going on cause i was Gone.... so thanks and will chat with you online :D

*~StORMmy~*

dekorion09

Postby dekorion09 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

how do i get money back for purchasing this program

Aaron.Walkhouse

Postby Aaron.Walkhouse » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Call your credit card company and get them to charge back from whoever scammed you .
FrostWire is free and nobody can legally charge you a cent for it.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:56 am

@kissmekris5 [I think] ... huge apologies I think I deleted your post.

As far as i know this incurs a kick and sometimes a very short ban/mute. If however you are kicked 3 times you will get a 12 hour ban. This is an automated process and probably the easiest way to deal with it is /join #appeals. I agree that sometimes these automated bans do not do the job totally fairly, but I'm sure you can understand the need for them.

For future reference: if you are having problems with unwanted PM's or Chatters in Main.. Simply close the PM if appropriate and type /ignore and add the nick
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:59 am

@kissmekris5 please see above post.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

kissmekris5

Postby kissmekris5 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:11 am

Thanks. Actually I deleted it. I read something else posted and decided to try what it said. Apparently I broke a rule by saying pm and when I apologized to the person who muted me they let me talk again. I had to guess who muted me though, I sent like three apologies. Thanks for replying so quickly though!

Jaggernaut101

Postby Jaggernaut101 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:30 pm

As a father I watch out for the younger chatters from possible dangers, as if they were my own kid. I have seen first handed a pedophile talking to a 17 year old girl. Asking her :"Can I P*** on your feet?", "Rub your feet on my D***.", I want to know what you plan on doing about this. I do have his nickname, If needed.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Replied by PM

beerm

Postby beerm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:30 pm

What is this rubbish about?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm

It was spam ... it gets everywhere i'm afraid ... now deleted and dealt with...

DMJY

Postby DMJY » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:35 pm

I would suggest to everyone that notices such an event taking place in a room to part it and immediatly notify staff of the events taking place so it can be addressed - if you know of someone else in the room as well - tell them to leave or if their not active, make this information known to staff as well so they can be removed from the room before any action is taken.

Return to “Chat Room Help”