STICKY: Frostwire Community Chat Help

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.
FallenVixen93

Re: Frostwire Community Chat Help

Postby FallenVixen93 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Ok so I'm ticked to the highest. I downloaded Frostwire again to get music. And the name I use to for my nickname belongs to me but for some reason it's saying it's taken and keeps switching to Guest_6405. I'm not allowed back on the chat. CAN SOME PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri May 28, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi,

If you have not used your nick for some time it is likely it has been dropped and may be used by someone else ...or.... you are not authenticating/identifying when you log in. The easiest thing to do is type /join #support if you have problems and you can chat in the Support room and they will sort the problem.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

elizabeth

Postby elizabeth » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 am

i need help i got this and i don't know why ¹ºº¹ Join» (elizabeth) (meow@13E7B21A.BE8DB807.E2FCD1C5.IP)
º¹¹¹ Mode» (ClockworkOrange) sets (+qo elizabeth elizabeth)
º¹¹º Quit» (elizabeth) (meow@13E7B21A.BE8DB807.E2FCD1C5.IP) (User has been permanently banned from PeerCommons (Botnet))

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:32 pm

I believe this has been sorted out on the chat. Unfortunately we do get botnet attacks and there a few chatters occasionally misidentified as guilty.. who get banned.

I hope all is OK now and apologies :)
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

crazylady3x

Postby crazylady3x » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:27 am

I cant use my username witch is a guest name, that it kept sighning me in under, how do i change my user name to connect to chat?

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:31 am

Go To Tools > Options > Community Chat, and change the name ... then restart Frostwire. The name you chose is already taken (unless it is a name you have registered, in which case you need to type /identify PASSWORD) , so please use another.

DMJY

Postby DMJY » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:39 pm

just type /cs set #roomname secureops on/off. Also you can turn xop off by typing /cs set #roomname xop on/off. Keep in mind tho that if you do choose to use these. You will have to use access commands to add or remove ppl.
thanks a lot ,I have got it.

revin

Postby revin » Fri May 20, 2011 5:11 am

i cant even log into chat server, keeps telling me prob with network dont know what i am doing wrong if someone has sugg please e mail me or post it something thanks....

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri May 20, 2011 5:35 am

The chat is currently offline. Staff are working on it. The two top announcements in the forum do make this clear.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon May 30, 2011 11:00 am

The chat is now up and running, but there are one or two issues causing disconnections which do not last long, so if you cannot connect wait 10 minutes or so and hopefully you will get on.

LatinaDenise79

Postby LatinaDenise79 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:52 am

I have an issue with my nickname, its registered with my email, but it kept saying password incorrect, is there a way to fix it? i've never had an issue with the identify password before, but recently it's been telling me password incorrect is there a way to fix it?
:(

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:32 am

Did you ever get any luck with this? If not I suggest you contact Humanoid, Emily, Gummo or Casper and see what you can sort out. also point out what happens if you do /ns info on your nick.

doloresmercado

Postby doloresmercado » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 pm

i want to change the password given by you to my old one

i dont know where the profile page is

here under community forums, i can see my name but no profile information

where is it please!!

i cant memorize all this bunch of letters and numbers that mean nothing

thank you

your version of 4.21.8 is ot working..why not???????!!!!!!!! why ?? do we have ti updated if we dont want to??

thank you :(
Last edited by Only A Hobo on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: altered to lower case

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:36 pm

doloresmercado wrote:i want to change the password given by you to my old one
i dont know where the profile page is
here under community forums, i can see my name but no profile information
where is it please!!
i cant memorize all this bunch of letters and numbers that mean nothing
thank you
your version of 4.21.8 is ot working..why not???????!!!!!!!! why ?? do we have ti updated if we dont want to??
thank you :(

Your profile page is available by clicking on user control panel beneath the board index.
Here is a sample of a password I have used in the past: NhAk39H6nuPS
I did NOT memorize it. If you can memorize it, it's probably too damn easy! There is cut and paste, there are pass word keepers, and other ways of managing passwords. Many browsers will even save them for you. Do NOT stint on your pass words or you may find your accounts hijacked and compromised.

Version 4.21.8 is not working for the same reason windows 95 is not working. It's no longer supported, the network it was on has become compromised and polluted and the superservers have moved and connections are getting to be almost impossible.
I'll give you the link... It may or may not help, but if it helps, it's only for a little while.
You will either learn a new way of doing things, or you will be forced to stop doing those things.
Try this: http://catfangz.com/frostwire/gnutella.html
But when it stops working, or if it never works, good luck!
You are either moving forwards or backwards. There is no such thing as standing still.

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:44 am

daniyalbrain wrote:I have a problem with my handle, its authorized with my e-mail, but it kept saying private data wrong, is there a way to fix it? i've never had a problem with the recognize private data before, but lately it's been informing me private data wrong is there a way to fix it?
:( :lol:

What is Your-
Operating system:
Java Version:
FrostWire Level Number:
Virus Checker:
Fire Wall:
Are you behind a router:
Using a proxy or VPN:
Type of internet connection:

You could try this:
Make SURE FrostWire is completely terminated
NOW: (for Win7. Other systems will have similar files)
    From file explorer, navigate to use c:\users\YourAccount
    (assuming your system drive is c:\") and delete the folder: .frostwire5
Restart FrostWire and be alert for any error indications.

Return to “Chat Room Help”