STICKY: Read this if you have been kicked/banned.

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.

Do you think rules on PeerCommons are fair?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:40 am

I think they are fair and if kicked/banned I deserved it.
No votes
I totally disagree.
No votes
I niether agree nor disagree, some are fair others i dont think are.
100%

Total votes: 2

Stickboy

Re: BEFORE POSTING-Read this if you have been kicked/banned.

Postby Stickboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:08 pm

I haven't been banned, but the chat refuses to let me log in because "That username is not allowed" and automatically logs me out before I have a chance to change it. How can I change my username without being able to log in? Who would create something that is like this?

barlou12

Postby barlou12 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:39 pm

hey Stickboy,

i dont do chat, but im pretty sure the deal is, open FW, go to tools, options, chat.

change your name there, apply, OK, turn FW off.

turn FW back on, and it should let you login to chat with your new name.
And now, another moment of confussion, brought to you from the mind of Barlou.

FakeName

Postby FakeName » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:26 pm

I am banned at the moment i am getting message. [11:16am] Closing Link: FakeName[IP address here] (User has been banned from PeerCommons (Open Proxy.)). I may have more than one IP address but none are proxies. Obviously i removed my ip address from my post but if you would like PM me and i can give it to you.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:24 pm

This is being dealt with by Email, so please send any further posts there.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

BrideOfDracula

Postby BrideOfDracula » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:14 pm

Hello all.

I noticed today (well, the date on which I'm posting this) that chat wasn't working. I couldn't help wondering why, and i annoyingly continued to click on it, eventually giving up and doing something else. Eventually it struck eight, and I noticed it actually brought up a bar of information as it does when it's up, but also said beneath it, in green, "you have been disconnected from the chat server". I wondered why, if everything was up, it was doing this. So I clicked connect. It said....

"You have been permanently banned from PeerCommons (Pedo) and gave me an email adress. I'm thinking it banned me because I continued trying to connect while the server was down, but Pedo? I've never been perverse in speaking with ANYONE on frost, even in PM. Granted, I've been banned my fair share of times in main, but never for being a pedophile. I am not anyone but who I claim to be. I know that must seem to be a reason to ignore me, but please hear me out. The name I am using on the forum boards is the same name I have been using in Frostchat. So if you guys have access to see what I've been saying, I invite you to do it. I am quite upset; I've looked at previous post as to how to handle server bans and none of it has helped me, and I know I am innocent. Please help me.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:33 pm

I gather you have had an email response to this, and all is sorted. The email address is the best way to contact us about such problems :)
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

naff123

Postby naff123 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Love how i been banned when i make a observation of the rules on the site, i.e you never ban pedo's on the site but you ban someone for using the word Gay (i.e Banned Me)

Done nothing wrong but give feedback.

Would appreciate a Ban Lift please and in future listen to Feedback

User Name BloodNinja

THX1138

Postby THX1138 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Apparently you didn't bother to read the entire thread before posting - found pedos get permanently banned from the server - your assumption is unfounded and asinine. Sexual preference has no relevance in a PG rated chat room, though the phrase "gay" is sometimes used in a derogatory term - which i'm sure the gay community loves [/sarcasm] - It's still unacceptable banter - appeal denied - you can wait out your 12 hour room ban...

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Fedback is fine ... I shall give YOU some of My feeback too if that is OK. This is an edited log of most of what you said in #main on this occasion:

Jul 08 01:40:13 <BloodNinja> u use a mac?
Jul 08 01:40:15 <BloodNinja> go die
Jul 08 02:20:19 <BloodNinja> why would it kick u out for saying that word [The word was HITLER]
Jul 08 02:21:29 <BloodNinja> would i get kicked out for saying Elton John Jul 08 02:22:21 <BloodNinja> if you change your nickname to H****R would u ge tbanned?
Jul 08 02:23:04 <BloodNinja> what if i changed my name to BloodN!gga
Jul 08 02:23:30 <BloodNinja> ahh well chat bot is a kill joy
Jul 08 02:28:39 <BloodNinja> bliming yankees can neva take a joke
Jul 08 02:31:51 <BloodNinja> justin bieber
Jul 08 02:32:00 <BloodNinja> his parents should of abborted that mug
Jul 08 02:33:05 <BloodNinja> whats worse than GangR*pe? Justin Bieber
Jul 08 02:33:56 * BloodNinja seriously can't take badgurlll serious after finding out she quiffed on justin bieber
Jul 08 02:36:11 <BloodNinja> bieber lovers are homos
Jul 08 02:37:50 <BloodNinja> justin bieber is the result of [censored] addoption

[I kicked You]

Jul 08 02:38:45 <BloodNinja> host let people have their say
Jul 08 02:39:12 <BloodNinja> what happened to letting ppl speak instead of quelling their views
Jul 08 02:39:14 <BloodNinja> facist much?
ul 08 02:39:35 <BloodNinja> love the hypocrocy of this host he lets paedophiles on the chat site

And as THX1138 said ... pedos are instantly and permanently banned as soon as they are discovered. Your behaviour was totally uncalled for and offensive and a ban is the very least you deserve.

Markee

Banned for no reason.

Postby Markee » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:25 am

I was banned recently because someone asked if i was 12, and i joking said yes, and i was kicked and banned and said i needed to be 13. first of all, you cant just take up someones assumption about someone, and secondly use common sense most 12 year olds wont be on here or know about this anyways, so that being said, i wish to be Unbanned i am 19 years old, and WRONGFULLY banned from frostwire, i demand you reverse, immediately :x

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Plenty of under 13s try to use the chat … We specify the chat is for those 13 and over and we ban anyone who we have reason to believe is under that age. Perhaps you could appreciate the fact that we are doing the right thing by protecting youngsters from the sorts of people they may come across in a public chat, instead of coming here and making demands. You can use the email address you are given with the ban message if you want to demand there … maybe they will be happier to agree to such demands than I.

thebigfoote01

Postby thebigfoote01 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:13 pm

my nick name was banned, i agree it was inappropriate but if i try to connect it disconnects me and says this nickname is banned choose a new one, but i cant connect to change it, how do i change it offline?

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Go into Frostwire's Tools > Options > community chat. Enter a new name and then restart Frostwire. You should have no problem then :)

Devater

Postby Devater » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:18 am

I dont know what to do...Frostwire is not letting me chat, i have only been kicked several times, and banned from main only 2-3 times. but, now when i try to connect, it doesnt let me! seriously, i do not know what is going on!

It keeps saying: "Network Problems are preventing you from connecting to the chat service, press connect to try again"

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?????????

Humanoid

Postby Humanoid » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:14 am

Hi Devater. You should check out the announcements at the top of each forum category page.
This one in particular: SERVER STATUS: READ FIRST IF YOU CAN NOT CONNECT TO CHAT

Cheers.

Return to “Chat Room Help”