STICKY: Read this if you have been kicked/banned.

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.

Do you think rules on PeerCommons are fair?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:40 am

I think they are fair and if kicked/banned I deserved it.
No votes
I totally disagree.
No votes
I niether agree nor disagree, some are fair others i dont think are.
100%

Total votes: 2

Trinity_Blaise

Re: BEFORE POSTING-Read this if you have been kicked/banned.

Postby Trinity_Blaise » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Only A Hobo wrote:LOL you were victim of the Scunthorpe affect ... (a town in England which is banned from so many searches). You were only kicked ... and you can rejoin just by typing /join #main ... if you are kicked three times then you are banned for 12 hours , but I'm afraid the bot is impersonal in his actions.

Sounds like a job for Optimus Prime ... :P :lol:

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Having no idea who Optimus Prime is I had a Google and ...well we don't need Bots who are that intelligent ..they would take us over, but hey he shares my dislike of rap and [shh ... don't tell anyone but] i am not adverse to the odd soap opera myself, so he could be considered ;) 8)
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Courtneylol

Postby Courtneylol » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm

I was banned and i dont know why.when i try and connect it says. I deleted the ip address but if it is needed message me and i can provide it. [3:11pm] * Connecting to chat.frostwire.com (6667)
————————————————————
[3:11pm] Closing Link: [ip address] Z:Lined (Botnet)

Humanoid

Postby Humanoid » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Courtneylol, the IP of your forum post matched the zline on the server and has been removed.
I had to be sure of the issue as there were several bots that connected and looked like normal user addresses.

Eternal

Postby Eternal » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 am

Why can i not identify or join any channel i dont even know what i did. my main nick is expl0it. Plz help me and thank you for your time.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:42 pm

@Eternal

Please could you confirm you are still unable to connect. You should receive some sort of a message saying why you cannot connect unless it is simply a matter of immediately disconnecting, which seems to happen to us all from time to time.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Risuena

Postby Risuena » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Ok i usually enter into the Espanol chat room and a clon kept coming in with the same name Risuena so i changed my name to Guerumba then the monitors were helping me to register my name to Risuena and i guess i kept messing up and the whisper said go to reigister help n i did but it just took me out of the room so i went back in and there was another Risuena again n the system change my name to numbers at the end of it but the monitor that was helping me Fernanda or fresita knocked me out n now when i hit the connect button it wont even connect im still very new to frostwire but i like so need some help and advice on what to do now Thank You

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:12 pm

The Nick Risuena is not registered so if you are using it and anouther user comes in and tries to use it they will be renamed Risuenaxxxx random numbers represented by x.

This will also happen if you get briefly disconnected and reconnected ... and I suspect may be what happened to you.

I do suggest you use /join #support who will help you register your name, once you have logged in ... just make sure you change to the nick you want to register before you try to register (I've seen that mistake made many times :D

At times you will find you can not connect. It may be worth checking what name you have in tools > options > community chat .... if you change it there you need to restart FrostWire before it takes effect.

I hope that helps for now. I'm not saying too much as I fear I might get you a bit more confused

Risuena

Postby Risuena » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:41 pm

THANK you so much everything works fine now :D

cutemom21

Postby cutemom21 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 am

hey there i was banned for nothing i didnt say nothing wrong and i dnt think its right becuase i was follwing all the rule and what not and still got banned.. and something needs to be done!!!!!

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 pm

@cutemom21,

Did you actually read the first post on page 1 of this thread?

I am making a guess here, since you have not told us who kicked or baned you. You have not told us what room this was either.

My guess is that you were kicked for this nick which is not, I think, one that sets the tone in #main and may well have been auto-kicked. If this is the case the nick would have been banned but not you ... use /nick and after a gap select a new nick and, on a new line /join #main.

If this is not applicable, please can we have more details.

CobraDemon

Postby CobraDemon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 am

Okay, I understand why I have been banned and completely agree that I deserved it. (Tried to change my nick to googlefacebookyoutubewikipedia)

But will I really be banned PERMANENTLY?

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:29 pm

If that is all you did I suspect a 12 hour ban which should be lifted by now ... If of course you are being economical with the truth, who can say? ;)

CobraDemon

Postby CobraDemon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Oh wow. It was a 12 hour ban. But I got this message:
***Whisper from chat.frostwire.com:*** You are permanently banned from PeerCommons (Botnet IP address.) Email contact@frostwire.com for more information.
Instead of the Red Ban message. O_O

Aubrey

Postby Aubrey » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:15 pm

CobraDemon wrote:Oh wow. It was a 12 hour ban. But I got this message:
***Whisper from chat.frostwire.com:*** You are permanently banned from PeerCommons (Botnet IP address.) Email contact@frostwire.com for more information.
Instead of the Red Ban message. O_O

Yes, that's an automated server-wide ban placed when the chat network is experiencing high numbers of malicious users connecting at the same time.
You can e-mail chat@frostwire.com (not contact@, chat@) and we'll get it sorted for you.
FrostWire Chat network staffer
Follow FrostWire staff on Twitter! http://twitter.com/FrostWire_Chat

Return to “Chat Room Help”