STICKY: Read this if you have been kicked/banned.

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.

Do you think rules on PeerCommons are fair?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:40 am

I think they are fair and if kicked/banned I deserved it.
No votes
I totally disagree.
No votes
I niether agree nor disagree, some are fair others i dont think are.
100%

Total votes: 2

CaliforniaRaisins

Re: BEFORE POSTING-Read this if you have been kicked/banned.

Postby CaliforniaRaisins » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:23 pm

Could viruses on my computer contribute to my ban??? I'm just totally confused. I used to go to that chat room all the time a couple of years ago and had only recently came back on?? I only used it like 4 times in the last month, and god knows the last time i used it before that. And i always followed the rules of the chat room. except for the occasional caps lock. So is this just a lost cause or will i ever be allowed back?

THX1138

Postby THX1138 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:18 pm

CaliforniaRaisins wrote:Could viruses on my computer contribute to my ban??? I'm just totally confused. I used to go to that chat room all the time a couple of years ago and had only recently came back on?? I only used it like 4 times in the last month, and god knows the last time i used it before that. And i always followed the rules of the chat room. except for the occasional caps lock. So is this just a lost cause or will i ever be allowed back?

Please reread the second part of this post.

Again, i apologize for the inconvenience, but i cannot allow the intended offender to return to the network..
Last edited by Only A Hobo on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected link

MsEllanious

Postby MsEllanious » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Okay, it strangely seems to be working better since i said something on this board. :D I did the scan, found a bunch of cookies and one mild spyware app, all of which i have deleted. I am requesting removal from the ban, and I would (since I like feeling special knowing that i have a "dynamic ip adress" lol) do the ip scan thing, but i know i would be at that all night. I will, however, try that later on and PM u guys on that just in case it becomes an issue later on. I really appreciate all of your help!

CaliforniaRaisins

Postby CaliforniaRaisins » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:36 pm

I apologize for seeming so impatient. Thank you for looking into it!

FakeName

Postby FakeName » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm

I am thinking that somehow i was banned from the server i just cant figure out why. The message i am getting when i try and connect is Connecting to chat.frostwire.com (6667)
————————————————————
Closing Link: [myipaddress] Z:Lined (Botnet)

I took out my ip address of coarse but if needed i can send it in a Private message. The nick i was using at the time when i was suddenly disconnected is Lostinthought. I Have logs of all the rooms that i had open and i had not even said much when i got kicked.

THX1138

Postby THX1138 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:00 pm

The ban has been removed and you should be ok to reconnect, chock it up to bad timing.

CaliforniaRaisins

Postby CaliforniaRaisins » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:50 pm

The ban was lifted once I tried it out again a few weeks ago.

I just now tried going back on to see if anyone could help me figure out whats wrong with my cell phone but I have been banned again! lol what's going on? My nick is PretentiousFemale but I am not registered. Can you give me information on how to do that once the ban is lifted? Maybe that will help prevent this from happening again

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:08 am

@CaliforniaRaisins

Hi, Sorry for the lack of response. The ban lift mentioned applied in fact, I think, to FakeName. It is possible the IP you posted from in your first four messages was un-banned, but your latest post came from a different IP address (close but not the same).

I would ask you to check with your ISP whether you can have a permanent IP address, or what their policy for changing IP addresses is. I think some charge extra for this. As already explained, we are anxious to keep a particularly undesirable chatter off the network, and sadly this is affecting you. So please have a word with your ISP and ...whilst I make no promises, we will see what we can sort out when we know a little more.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Prefix

Postby Prefix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:13 pm

I was banned like FakeName was...

[10:59pm] Closing Link: Element[*******] (User has been permanently banned from PeerCommons (Botnet IP address.))

^? I had just moved so the IP is like.. brand new..

THX1138

Postby THX1138 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:06 pm

According to my records, the ban was removed six minutes before you posted. ;)

Trinity_Blaise

Postby Trinity_Blaise » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 am

I got banned? I registered my name as Trinity, when I saw frostwire had a chat room I found my name had changed to trinity t336. I went to change it in tools, to trinity star, found that I couldnt, so I changed it to trinity_mirage_star, didn't like the name, to long, so I changed it to a shorter version Trinity_Blaise or star, I forgot, lol. Next thing I know, Im banned from all chat rooms. :lol:

The message could not be sent. The message was either blocked or you may not be allowed to communicate in this room :cry:

Can someone let me know why? I can't communicate in any room. I only just joined too, lol.
Last edited by Trinity_Blaise on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:30 am

I would suggest you use a nick other than and not including Trinity which is a reserved nick which you may not use as it is registered.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Trinity_Blaise

Postby Trinity_Blaise » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:18 am

Thanks, got it sorted, thanks ...

Trinity_Blaise

Postby Trinity_Blaise » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:51 am

Awww cela est injuste, got a ban again. Spelling error.
English is my third language, Io parlo francese e italiano. Non è giusto a coloro hanno l'inglese come seconda o terza lanuage

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i423/HarlequinStargem/spellingerror.png

word was suppose to read countries, but I forgot the "o".
I change my name, get a ban, I misspell and get a ban ... sigh.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:35 am

LOL you were victim of the Scunthorpe affect ... (a town in England which is banned from so many searches). You were only kicked ... and you can rejoin just by typing /join #main ... if you are kicked three times then you are banned for 12 hours , but I'm afraid the bot is impersonal in his actions.

Return to “Chat Room Help”