Music list

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.
texanguy

Music list

Postby texanguy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Hello I'm traying to move my music library to my Itunes library
I have clicked into Tools Rebuilt Itunes etc and nothing happens.. Can someone help please?

Scott1x

Re: Music list

Postby Scott1x » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:21 pm

texanguy wrote:Hello I'm traying to move my music library to my Itunes library
I have clicked into Tools Rebuilt Itunes etc and nothing happens.. Can someone help please?

I am not an iTunes user, however ever I do maintain a music library. Here is my basic procedure.
1) When I am done sharing what I have downloaded, I can cancel the torrent to remove control from FrostWire.
2) I move my music to my music play library.
3) I do what it take to make my music player recognize the music in my library.
4) If you player supports it, make playlists that suit your needs.

I hope this helps you.

Only A Hobo

Re: Music list

Postby Only A Hobo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:52 am

Do you have enable iTunes > iTunes importing enabled in Frostwire Preferences/Options?

** Do you have Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library enabled in iTunes Preferences/options > advanced?

I do not use Rebuild iTunes Frostwire Playlist - it creates duplication problems if you have altered some label items in iTunes, and I believe I am right in saying will not add any items that are not already added to iTunes.

Remember that not all items, even MP3 will open in iTunes.

If you want to add a number of items to your iTunes library, find them in finder/explorer and add them from there using "open in" or double clicking if iTunes is your default application for those files and you have enabled ** see above. The songs should then be added to your iTunes library. Using this method will not add them to the FrostWire playlist in iTunes however.

I write as a Mac user. Knowing your OS and Frostwire version would help if this is not clear.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Return to “Chat Room Help”