I Seriously Need Help RE: Chat

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.
Neuk2015

I Seriously Need Help RE: Chat

Postby Neuk2015 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:56 am

It always frustrates when somebody doesn't read the directions and instead wants to have somebody else do the work. That's not the case here... I have done a circumnavigate of the Frostwire board here and am unable to even locate a link to register for chat. So, I am asking for help, just like the Cookie Monster told me to do on Sesame Street. Thanks, I'll look in the forum post under torrents and downloaded files appearing and disappearing.

Scott1x

Re: I Seriously Need Help RE: Chat

Postby Scott1x » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:41 am

Neuk2015 wrote:It always frustrates when somebody doesn't read the directions and instead wants to have somebody else do the work. That's not the case here... I have done a circumnavigate of the Frostwire board here and am unable to even locate a link to register for chat. So, I am asking for help, just like the Cookie Monster told me to do on Sesame Street. Thanks, I'll look in the forum post under torrents and downloaded files appearing and disappearing.

The reason you are not finding a link to register for chat is that this is a FrostWire support forum and the chat facility of FW is in interface to an IRC client and is not part of FW at all.

In fact, I used to use mIRC to access it because the interface is a lot cleaner. That was some time ago, and I never registered for a nick. I'd suggest that read up on IRC to get more information on chat. Or if you want a good general chat IRC client, try the free version of mIRC, and if you like it register it. It is worth the price, though the free one does work quite well.

As I mentioned, the IRC chat really is not part of FW and very few people using the forum for FW support seem to use it.

You mentioned looking under posts for download files appearing and disappearing. Are you having that sort of problem. If so, release level and O/S would be appreciated.

Return to “Chat Room Help”