Signing in

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.
Alfred Hitchcock

Signing in

Postby Alfred Hitchcock » Sat May 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Hello to all from the West Coast of Australia God's country, i'm sorta newbie both to FrostWire and the interweb. I'm a little no a lot computer illiterate i suppose, in my defence i was born in the early 60's, I actually will be celebrating my 50th birthday this July 6th,happy b'day 2 me happy b'day 2 me hap.....sorry peoples got carried away in the moment. Okie Dokey on a slightly more serious note when i was signing up/registering/logging in whatever it may be? to Chat,under where i typed in my name etc it had "Channel" with #Main then a key symbol. In one box then in the next box it asked for the "Key". I was told in red font "Disconnected from the IRC network" Where do i find this "Key"? :? I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on this issue for me please? I guess it doesn't matter now somehow i ended up in FrostWire's Community Forum Chat Room Help? I'm not a dumbo,mind you i look the part haha,i actually can count my name and spell to 10, sorry if i sound pathetic but like i said previous i'm not very computer savvy,being 49 and a half years old, we only had pencil & paper back in my day,lol. Take care all and stay safe. Regards Alfred Hitchcock .(Noel). :)

THX1138

Re: Signing in

Postby THX1138 » Tue May 27, 2014 7:28 am

Join the chat.

Wait 10 minutes (required before registration)

Register your nickname with a valid email address and a password.

(use a random password - do not use one password for everything/anything)

/ns register PASSWORD your.valid@email.addy

Then check the email address you provided for the registration key. (proving youre human)

Go back to the chat and give NIckserv the key provided in the email to finish the registration process.

/ns confirm P455C0D3

If you experience any further issues, help with the chat side can be found in the #support channel - just type /join #support - or ask in the main channel.

Return to “Chat Room Help”