Downloading to SD Card?

For Help and Support with Frostwire Community Chat.
THOR91

Downloading to SD Card?

Postby THOR91 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Hello, I am new and trying to download music to my SD Card for use in my car stereo. I have the adapter and the card but need to know which format of the song should I download to the card so that it will play in my car stereo? and how do I get the song on the SD Card? Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott1x

Re: Downloading to SD Card?

Postby Scott1x » Sat May 12, 2012 3:58 pm

THOR91 wrote:Hello, I am new and trying to download music to my SD Card for use in my car stereo. I have the adapter and the card but need to know which format of the song should I download to the card so that it will play in my car stereo? and how do I get the song on the SD Card? Thanks in advance for the help.

Does you car stereo support an SD card? If it does, good chance you want the mp3 format. That is very common. You should check your car stereo to find out what it's capabilities are.

I would NOT download to the SD card. While is is possible, there are simply too many things that can go wrong
Your download directory is specified in tools>options>Bittorent Torrent save folder.
If you click on the library tab, you will be looking at a FrostWire format of that folder.
You can also open this folder using your file manager or clicking on explore in the FrostWire library/
Mount your SD card on your computer and open it in your file manager.
You can now drag and drop the songs you want to the SD card.

THOR91

Postby THOR91 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Thanks for the info Scott! yes my stereo supports mp3s so I will give it a try and see if this works for me. Appreciate the help!

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Sat May 12, 2012 11:10 pm

THOR91 wrote:Thanks for the info Scott! yes my stereo supports mp3s so I will give it a try and see if this works for me. Appreciate the help!

You gotta love an MP3 player in the car!!!! Beats the hell out of a box full of CDs! :roll:

kevincrissywilson

Postby kevincrissywilson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:07 pm

HELP!!! I attempted to do this. Clicked on tools, options, bitTorrent. Then clicked OK at the bottom of the page. Now all my songs are gone. Nothing in the library. I'm sure they must be there, SOMEWHERE? Anyone know what I did or how to get my songs back?

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:29 pm

kevincrissywilson wrote:HELP!!! I attempted to do this. Clicked on tools, options, bitTorrent. Then clicked OK at the bottom of the page. Now all my songs are gone. Nothing in the library. I'm sure they must be there, SOMEWHERE? Anyone know what I did or how to get my songs back?

Not to worry! If you successfully downloaded to the SD card, they are safely there, you just can't see them in the library.
1) Mount your SD card
2) in FrostWire go to: Tools>Options>Library and check your SD card to include it in the library view. If you don't see it there, use the add function to make it visible.

Even if you can't find the music in the FrostWire library, is is on the SD card and can be found by using the system file manager. SD cards can be very slow writing and are not really as reliable for long term storage as other devices. For my music libraries, my preference is a USB external hard drive. SD cards and thumb drives are great for carrying your music with you, and many car players will take a thumb drive now. Great stuff!

Return to “Chat Room Help”