Lower connection speed

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

Lower connection speed

Postby monoviajero » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi, When I open frostwire, a lot lower connection speed, as a fifth, not be a that is, someone could explain me why
monoviajero

Re: Lower connection speed

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi,

I'm not fully understanding you I am afraid.

However.

There are two things when using Frostwire. First you must have a turbocharged connection. see bottom left of Frostwire. This just means Frostwire if fully connected to the network.

The other thing is the speed files download, and this depends on the person who is sharing the file and they may have a very slow upload speed. Frostwire downloads from other users like you and me ... not from a high power central server.

I hope this helps a bit.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby monoviajero » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I have windows 7, I have turbocharged connection, Norton antivus, I am downloading torrents. As I believe that I am having a slow connection, I do a speed test before opening Frostwire, and when frostwire is running I do the test again and the speed has dropped to fifth.
monoviajero

Postby Only A Hobo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:06 pm

You must run a speed test with no uploads or downloads running. If you do not you will get a false reading. Does that make sense? :)
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.
Only A Hobo

Postby jondabeast » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Only A Hobo wrote:You must run a speed test with no uploads or downloads running. If you do not you will get a false reading. Does that make sense? :)

How do you do this?
jondabeast

Postby Only A Hobo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:01 pm

A number of sites provide a speed test service. I use http://www.speakeasy.net/ . You will get a variety of US Locations. It does not matter which you choose, but run a test from 2 locations just to make sure you have not got a freak result first time.
Only A Hobo

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support