If you are showing a turbocharged connection, and are able to download, but have a firewall icon, then it is likely you have a router or modem creating a firewall. If you go to portforward.com it will explain how to configure your router to fully allow Limewire .. this is the same for Frostwire..
If however you have a staring connection, the above may help ... but details of exactly what is or is not happening .. as well as the following would help us to give you more help.
* Your Operating System
* Your Java Version
* Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL)
* Your ISP (who you pay for your internet connection)
* Your country
* Are you trying to connect at home and is the connection shared with other apartments etc. or in an office, college, internet cafe or somewhere like that?
* Which version of Frostwire do you have (Help>About or, on Mac, Frostwire > About Frostwire)
* What type of modem and/or router do you have ... Give make and model numbers if you can.
* What security program(s) ...firewall anti-virus, anti spyware do you have installed.
* The exact error message, if one pops up
* Have you used Frostwire or other p2p programs for a while or are you a first time user
* Any other relevant information that you think may help
* Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.