oryt cheers for that info i didn't really know what it was.
* Your Operating System : Windows Vista
* Your Java Version : Java platform, Standard edition 6
* Your version of FrostWire : 4.17.2
* Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL) : Wireless Router
* Your ISP (who you pay for your internet connection) : AOL
* Your country : UK
* Are you trying to connect at home and is the connection shared with other apartments etc. or in an office, college, internet cafe or somewhere like that? At home and i am not connected with any other apartments.
* Which version of Frostwire do you have (Help>About or, on Mac, Frostwire > About Frostwire) : 4.17.2
* What type of modem and/or router do you have ... Give make and model numbers if you can. SpeedTouch 39E 1F2
* What security program(s) ...firewall anti-virus, anti spyware do you have installed. : McAfee Security Centre
* The exact error message, if one pops up : No message pops up just download speed problem as commented on above.
* Have you used Frostwire or other p2p programs for a while or are you a first time user: Yes i have used frostwire before.
* Any other relevant information that you think may help. Well like years a go because i used to use limewire all the time and it was fine i could download songs quickly and easily. but suddenly i couldn't download anything it would take soooo slow and i wouldn't have any kb's in the download area. so i decided to try frostwire but its exactly the same, maybe a lil bit better. My connection is turbo-charged the majority of the time but still has the firewall in front of the globe in the corner. I have basically got the same problem as nicky89. please help me