Welcome To The FrostWire Community Forums
Acknowledgment: The rules are taken from our friends a GnutellaForums.com with little modifications -tx!
Before you post to one of the specific subforums please look through other threads and Stickies that may answer your questions. Most problems are not new. The Search function is most useful. If your problem is not resolved by a search of the forums, please take the next step and post in the appropriate forum. There are many members who will be glad to help.
If you are new to the world of file sharing via FrostWire please do not be shy! Everyone was â€˜newâ€™ when they first started.
When posting, please include details for:
* Your Operating System
* Your Java Version
* Your Internet connection (56K, Cable, DSL)
* Your ISP (who you pay for your internet connection)
* Your country
* Are you trying to connect at home and is the connection shared with other apartments etc. or in an office, college, internet cafe or somewhere like that?
* Which version of Frostwire do you have (Help>About or, on Mac, Frostwire > About Frostwire)
* What type of modem and/or router do you have ... Give make and model numbers if you can.
* What security program(s) ...firewall anti-virus, anti spyware do you have installed.
* The exact error message, if one pops up
* Have you used Frostwire or other p2p programs for a while or are you a first time user
* Any other relevant information that you think may help
* Try to make your post descriptive, specific, and clear so members can quickly and efficiently help you
There are senior members on the forums who serve as Moderators. These volunteers keep the board organized and moving.
Moderators are authorized to: (in order of increasing severity)
* Move posts to the correct forums. Many times, members post in the wrong forum. These off-topic posts may impede the normal operation of the forum.
* Edit posts. Moderators will edit posts that are offensive or break any of the House Rules.
* Delete posts. Posts that cannot be edited to comply with the Forum Rules will be deleted.
* Restrict members. This is one of the last punishments before a member is banned. Restrictions may include placing all new posts in a moderation queue or temporarily banning the offender.
* Ban members. The most severe punishment. Three or more moderators or administrators must agree to the ban for this action to occur. Banning is reserved for very severe offenses and members who, after many warnings, fail to comply with the Forum Rules. Banning is permanent. Bans cannot be removed by the moderators and probably won't be removed by the administration.
1. Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form. Topics discussing techniques for violating these laws and messages containing locations of web sites or other servers hosting illegal content will be silently removed. Multiple offenses will result in consequences.
2. Spamming and excessive advertising will not be tolerated.
3. There will be no excessive use of profanity in any forum.
4. There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults, or any other personal attacks.
5. Pictures may be attached to posts and signatures if they are not sexually explicit or offensive.
6. Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other threads and see where your post will go. If your post is placed in the wrong forum it will be moved by a moderator.
7. If you see a post in the wrong forum or in violation of the Forum Rules, please contact a moderator via Private Message. Please do not respond directly to the member - a moderator will do what is required.
8. Any impersonation of a forum member in any mode of communication is strictly prohibited and will result in banning.
9. Multiple copies of the same post will not be tolerated. Post your question, comment, or complaint only once. There is no need to express yourself more than once. Duplicate posts will be deleted with little or no warning.
10. Posts should have descriptive subjects. Vague titles such as "Help!", "Why?", and the like may not get enough attention to the contents.
11. Do not divulge anyone's personal information in the forum, not even your own. This includes e-mail addresses, IP addresses, age, house address, and any other distinguishing information. DonÂ´t use eMail addresses in your nick.
12. Signatures may be used as long as they are not offensive or sexually explicit.
Violation of any of these rules will bring consequences, determined on a case-by-case basis.
See Also http://www.frostwire.com/guidelines
Thanks for taking the time to read these forum guidelines. We hope your visit is helpful and mutually beneficial to the entire community.
-Your FrostWire Community
Have a question We'd love to help you find the answer
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest