New to Forums with question(s)

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
thunderj

New to Forums with question(s)

Postby thunderj » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi.

I'm new to these forums. Been using FW for awhile and love it! However, I wonder about something.

I can get things to download sometimes, even if there are no seeds, but....sometimes I can only get about 3/4 of it downloaded before it quits.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? I am set to seed as well but that doesn't seem to help things any.

Just wondering.

gubatron
Development Team

Re: New to Forums with question(s)

Postby gubatron » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Download performance depends on network conditions.

If you're downloading a file that's wildly popular at the moment of the download, it will download to 100% blazing fast.

However, if you're downloading something rare, you might not finish the download in one session given that other peers might be gone before you finish, or if you're acting like a leech (all you do is download, but you don't seed) you might be penalized.

NOTICE:
Downloading FrostWire does not constitute permission or a license for obtaining or distributing unauthorized files. It is illegal for you to distribute copyrighted files without permission. If you want to know about legal content you can download and distribute legally please visit FrostClick.com, Vodo.net, LegitTorrents.info and CreativeCommons.org
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”