Only getting 'several' results when I search popular or any songs???

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
cungy

Only getting 'several' results when I search popular or any songs???

Postby cungy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum as of today.

Yesterday I downloaded frostwire for the first time after years of not having it.

Straight away I had a list of about 100 songs to download. I did so very quickly as the Internet is very fast these days.
That was all good and well, no problems what so ever. every time I searched a song I got hundreds of hits, even for old songs.

Woke up this morning to continue downloading my list and I typed in the title and artist (over and over) and each time I would only get 2, 3 OR about up to 10 results !!! what!!!
I then typed in Britney Spears, PINK, Michael Jackson and other big names as I knew I would get hits off that. NOTHING but several songs , mostly covers and or dodgy looking files!!

I then went on to google to find out why and it seems no one has this problem???, well that I could find. but there was one other person who had a similar issue and he said his ISP internet service provider had blocked P2P sharing!?!?!

I am from Australia and I use DODO ISP... is this what has likely happened?

I since have installed and deleted and reinstalled frostwire a million times today and even just bought a VPN tonight and that is running, but still no fix on the lack of song results!!
I also changed port numbers but that didn't help.

any ideas what I can do?

thanks.

gubatron
Development Team

Re: Only getting 'several' results when I search popular or any songs???

Postby gubatron » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:49 pm

Happy new year and welcome, we've finally getting around the end of last year and now that everyone is back from vacation and done with big new year transitions we're almost ready to deliver and apease the users with fixes in search and download.

While we get this out, if anybody complains, please let them know about these installers for all OSes.

For Windows, Mac, Linux
frostwire-desktop-6.4.3-build-214

Code: Select all

frostwire (6.4.3) stable; urgency=high
  * Fixes issue with YouTube search
  * Fixes issue with ExtraTorrent search
  * Fixes issue where trackers would not be saved correctly when creating a torrent
  * New jlibtorrent 1.2.0.5

-- FrostWire Team <contact@frostwire.com>  Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:52:00 -0600

For Android
frostwire-android-1.8.7-build-334

Code: Select all

FrostWire 1.8.7 - JAN/12/2017
 - Fixes issues with YouTube search
 - Fixes issues with ExtraTorrent search
 - New Bulgarian, Belarusian, Slovak, Thai, Malaysian, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Hebrew and Serbian translations
 - Every existing translation synced to 100%, Croatian and Urdu benefit the most
 - About screen make over with material design
 - Fixes bug where main navigation menu wouldn't close on back pressed.

Notice:
When you download and install FrostWire you must agree that you will not use it for the purpose of copyright infringement otherwise the software won't work. FrostWire condemns copyright infringement.FrostWire for Desktop Intent screen FrostWire for Android Intent screen
Downloading FrostWire does not constitute permission or a license for obtaining or distributing unauthorized files. It is illegal for you to distribute copyrighted files without permission. If you want to know about legal content you can download and distribute legally please visit FrostClick.com
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”