VPN

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
LornaLorraine

VPN

Postby LornaLorraine » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:03 am

Why do I have to download VPN if FrostWire is suppose to be free? I'm no longer able to do any downloading and I do not want to download VPN. Is there another solution to this problem or will I have to find another alternative music downloading program?

alexm

Re: VPN

Postby alexm » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:35 pm

You don't need a VPN in order to use FrostWire, but if you want to protect your privacy, you can use a VPN.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:54 pm

@LornaLorraine,

In certain parts of the world it is illegal to access certain websites, and torrent sites, often fall into these categories, The Frostwire search method involves contacting some of these sites. This will apply equally if you are searching legitimate material, or copyrighted material. Many users have found that they are unable to access much material/Get ant search results, unless they use a VPN, myself included. Private Internet Access is very reasonably priced and I can highly recommend. I am told that there are free VPNs, I do not have details. Many internet users will only ever go online using a VPN, This includes for browsing, online shopping, or anything else. I should add that using any P2P application, like Frostwire, exposes users to risk, and it is possible to download files which might be harmful, unless downloaded from a trusted source. Frostwire, or any torrent client such as Transmission or utorrent or Vuse are safe applications to download and install, but any files downloaded with them, MAY POSSIBLY NOT BE. The point I am making is that, I am unable to understand why you are not keen to spend a few pounds to use a VPN which will make you much safer online, whilst downloading files which just MIGHT be harmful to your computer.

Note also that in downloading and using Frostwire, you undertake not to download copyrighted material. FRostwire is not intended for such use..

Almost Finally, I was extremely reluctant to use a VPN for many years. I imagined it would be difficult and expensive. PIA was the second one I tried. The first, after a very short free trial, was way over my idea of a decent price. I have not looked back.

Having said all that, If you are able to get a good number of search results but none will download, then you have a problem which will exist whether you use a VPN or not. It such a case you should contact us with details of your system, Frostwire version etc, and the exact problem.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

LornaLorraine

Postby LornaLorraine » Wed May 11, 2016 10:45 am

The system I use for downloading is a Toshiba AMD A-4 Quad4 laptop. The FrostWire version I have is 6. I have recently had my laptop cleaned and remove of any viruses, so I wonder if downloading an older version of FrostWire would solve my dilemma

frankbillson

Postby frankbillson » Thu May 12, 2016 2:31 am

I want to know does Opera VPN works well in providing online security because I am looking for a free VPN provider which has a maximum number of country servers and it also provides risk-free browsing. If you know about any other highly recommended free or paid windows VPN so that I can do my internet activities effectively.

cermon

Postby cermon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:29 am

frankbillson wrote:I want to know does Opera VPN works well in providing online security because I am looking for a free VPN provider which has a maximum number of country servers and it also provides risk-free browsing. If you know about any other highly recommended free or paid windows VPN so that I can do my internet activities effectively.

I highly recommend to avoid free vpn services. Just think about their funding sources. Where do free vpn providers draw money for supplying their services? The answer is obvious: they promote annoying ads or sell customers’ sensitive info to a third party.
I’ve always pay for services. Paid vpns provide the higher level of security and performance. If you want to save money, draw your attention to paid vpns that offer free limited packages, eg https://www.bestvpnrating.com/vpnrating/best-free-vpn In such a manner you will surf the net with little limitations but absolutely secure and anonymously.

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”