downloading

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
colleensda1

downloading

Postby colleensda1 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:20 pm

Can anyone help please, When I try to download films 97% are from YOUTUBE and I cannot open them to watch. I get a movie sometimes on the very last of the list. WHAT am I doing wrong ?

Scott1x

Re: downloading

Postby Scott1x » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:26 pm

colleensda1 wrote:Can anyone help please, When I try to download films 97% are from YOUTUBE and I cannot open them to watch. I get a movie sometimes on the very last of the list. WHAT am I doing wrong ?

I don't even have youtube turned on. I select some of the good index sites and stick with those. If I'm not finding what I want, I'll use the search engine on any index site. I've had good luck with https://kickass.to/

Check out my help pages to find a lot of additional information.

colleensda1

downloading

Postby colleensda1 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:28 pm

Can anyone help please, When I try to download films 97% are from YOUTUBE and I cannot open them to watch. Is there anyway to watch them.

Only A Hobo

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:22 am

It is my understanding that Frostwire will only download the audio from Youtube videos. I am open to being corrected.
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Zooky

Postby Zooky » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:32 am

Only A Hobo wrote:It is my understanding that Frostwire will only download the audio from Youtube videos. I am open to being corrected.

Hobo: I just d/l'd some stuff from YouTube. Both VIDEO and audio were there.

Windows 8.1
FW: 6.0.7
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

EdeKom1

Postby EdeKom1 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi all, can you still download music with FW? I can see all the music titles and artist there but when i press download it shows Ërror". Whats wrong. How can i correctly download music? thank you vm for help. Edek

EdeKom1

Postby EdeKom1 » Thu May 28, 2015 4:24 pm

How can i download music from FW. I tried but am getting Error"as a result when iu press download
Thank you
Edek

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Thu May 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Depending on your geographic region, you may be in an area where sites are heavily censored. The best way around censorship is to use a VPN. My help pages cover quite a bit on this subject as well as various posts on the forum.

Start with my help pages and search the forum. Everyone is having problems with government censorship.

cboneskins

Postby cboneskins » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:27 pm

I lost all my music, so I had to clean my computer. I tried to download music on frostwire, and when I press download song, it won't do anything. Some songs I tried to download it did, but the majority of the songs I tried, it won't allow. What can I do to download music on my computer. I been trying for a few weeks, and I have been only able to download 2 songs. Even before I lost all my songs, I had problems downloading. Help Help.

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:23 am

cboneskins wrote:I lost all my music, so I had to clean my computer. I tried to download music on frostwire, and when I press download song, it won't do anything. Some songs I tried to download it did, but the majority of the songs I tried, it won't allow. What can I do to download music on my computer. I been trying for a few weeks, and I have been only able to download 2 songs. Even before I lost all my songs, I had problems downloading. Help Help.

To submit help request Please indicate your -
    Operating system:
    FrostWire Level Number:
    If this is an upgrade, from what level:
    Virus Checker:
    Fire Wall:
    Are you behind a router:
    Using a proxy or VPN:
    Type of internet connection:
    Your geographical location:
    Problem Description:
Make sure, if you have one, that the router is allowing the FrostWire port and/or set for UPnP
Describe, in as much detail as you can, the nature of your problem, errors, messages, what does or does not happen, etc. Be as specific as possible. The more specific your question, the more likely you are to get a an answer that satisfies you.

Also be aware that Version six of FrostWire has been plagued by many problems on various machines and operating systems. If is works, it works, and if it doesn't, there seems to be no pattern, and about the only thing you can do is drop back to the last version that worked for you and wait for the next release. When it comes out, give it a shot. It may have solved the problem.
Check out this link for drop back instructions.
http://catfangz.com/frostwire/dropback.html
Personally, I'm still using version 5.7.7 with great download results.

Also, depending on where you get service from, you government or ISPs may be blocking certain domains. This can be a problem for many users who are not using a secure VPN.

sonic_x

Postby sonic_x » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:55 am

If you using a old version of frostwire and having issues update to the latest frostwire . Hopefukky should fix most issues and bugs :shock:
Thanks for supporting Frostwire! Sharing is caring :wink: Come join us on slack !

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”