Can't send music to playlist

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
vermontster
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 am

Can't send music to playlist

Postby vermontster » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:12 am

Recently I've noticed when I attempt to send music to a new playlist, the file doesn't appear in the playlist. I've created several in the past with no issues, but now, after creating a playlist, and attempting to send a file to it, nothing appears. What's up?

Scott1x

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Scott1x » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:50 pm

vermontster wrote:Recently I've noticed when I attempt to send music to a new playlist, the file doesn't appear in the playlist. I've created several in the past with no issues, but now, after creating a playlist, and attempting to send a file to it, nothing appears. What's up?

Can you create a blank play list and add items to it? I know that doesn't answer your question, but it could be a work around.
Or try highlighting the desired items and using the right button to add to a new play list.

Using 5.7.7, I'm not able to make it fail on either of those two techniques.

When reporting a problems, please include your O/S and FrostWire version. Without those, we are just guessing.

vermontster
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby vermontster » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:17 pm

Scott1x wrote:
vermontster wrote:Recently I've noticed when I attempt to send music to a new playlist, the file doesn't appear in the playlist. I've created several in the past with no issues, but now, after creating a playlist, and attempting to send a file to it, nothing appears. What's up?

Can you create a blank play list and add items to it? I know that doesn't answer your question, but it could be a work around.
Or try highlighting the desired items and using the right button to add to a new play list.

Using 5.7.7, I'm not able to make it fail on either of those two techniques.

When reporting a problems, please include your O/S and FrostWire version. Without those, we are just guessing.


Tried your suggestion. No luck.
Windows 7 Home Premium
FrostWire version 6.06

Scott1x

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Scott1x » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Considering the nature of some of the problems that version 6 has been having, there are three approaches you can consider.

1) Drop back to the last version that functioned properly on your play lists and hope the next release solves it.
2) Live with the problem and hope the next release solves it.
3) Use a player such as winamp or VLC that utilizes a different play list technology

I've been playing music since before P2P existed and have gotten used to using stand alone players that have their own play list technology. Personally, for music I favor winamp and video I favor VLC, though frankly VLC does a good job on both.
Links for: Winamp and VLC

vermontster
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby vermontster » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Thanks for all the info. I did try reverting back to a previous version - 5.74 from last year. Same issue, when I attempt to send file to a playlist recently created, the new playlist opens with no content. It's a puzzler.

Scott1x

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Scott1x » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:05 pm

vermontster wrote:Thanks for all the info. I did try reverting back to a previous version - 5.74 from last year. Same issue, when I attempt to send file to a playlist recently created, the new playlist opens with no content. It's a puzzler.

Reverting back to version 5 has some interesting problems associated with it.
I'd suggest 5.7.7 and follow these instructions:
http://catfangz.com/frostwire/dropback.html
Use the highest level of uninstall on revo.

See if that helps. From a clean install, I'd not expect 5.7.7 to have any playlist anomalies.

vermontster
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 am

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby vermontster » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Again, thanks for all the helpful tips. Unfortunately, after completely removing the current frostwire version and installing version 5.7.7, I still have the same problem. Nothing appears in the playlist after sending a file to it. The problem seemed to have started around the time I opted to automatically copy downloads to ITunes, and while I can't be sure this might have something to do with it, I suppose the problem could be somewhat interrelated. It also might have something to do with my computer preferences or security settings but again, I can't be sure.
Until then, I'll rely on your suggestion of using a stand alone music player and manage my playlists from there. Appreciate all the help.

Scott1x

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Scott1x » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:36 pm

vermontster wrote:Again, thanks for all the helpful tips. Unfortunately, after completely removing the current frostwire version and installing version 5.7.7, I still have the same problem. Nothing appears in the playlist after sending a file to it. The problem seemed to have started around the time I opted to automatically copy downloads to ITunes, and while I can't be sure this might have something to do with it, I suppose the problem could be somewhat interrelated. It also might have something to do with my computer preferences or security settings but again, I can't be sure.
Until then, I'll rely on your suggestion of using a stand alone music player and manage my playlists from there. Appreciate all the help.

I try to avoid proprietary players and formats and will use nothing that contains DRM, so itunes would not be on my list of software to use.

Have you tried disabling the itunes add or rebuilding the library? In my experience, itunes is usually nothing but grief.

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Zooky » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Scott1x wrote: itunes would not be on my list of software to use.


So, I take it that you do not have an Iphone? :)
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

Scott1x

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Scott1x » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Zooky wrote:
Scott1x wrote: itunes would not be on my list of software to use.


So, I take it that you do not have an Iphone? :)

I don't. I have an Samsung Android. I also have an old samsung WiFi tablet. Both have served me well, but my needs are simple.

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Zooky » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Scott1x wrote:I don't. I have an Samsung Android.


Gee, I'm so sorry. Ah well, can't have everything, I guess. :)
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

Scott1x

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Scott1x » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Zooky wrote:
Scott1x wrote:I don't. I have an Samsung Android.


Gee, I'm so sorry. Ah well, can't have everything, I guess. :)

I don't have any communicable diseases either.... :roll:

User avatar
Only A Hobo
Moderator
Posts: 8425
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:04 am
Location: Just Visiting
Contact:

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Only A Hobo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:38 am

@‪vermontster‬

I am using Frostwire 5.7.4 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. I assume you are trying to create playlists within Frostwire. I also use itunes 11.4 with no problem. If this is what you are doing I cannot replicate your problem. I can make playlists of mp3 and flac files and the mp3 files are automatically adding to itunes. (itunes does not support flac). I can only suggest that a restart of Frostwire might help, or that you have come across a dud file download, but I'm otherwise in the dark I am afraid.

@ Zooky I too have a Samsung Android -- Love it :)
Please do not Private Message me with questions that can equally well be posted in the forums, and may also help others. Do use the forum search.

Scott1x

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Scott1x » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:08 am

Only A Hobo wrote:@ Zooky I too have a Samsung Android -- Love it :)

You have to realize that Zooky also has windows 8.1, so we have to give him a little slack and sympathy.

He can't help it! :|

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Can't send music to playlist

Postby Zooky » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Scott1x wrote:He can't help it! :|


Sniff, sniff. Just to clarify - "we" have an Iphone, but my wife won't let me use it. Reason: I really don't need it because, since I'm pretty much confined to my wheelchair, a phone on my computer desk and a pc screen in front of me gives me pretty much everything a smart phone can do. What it can't do I didn't need anyway. :lol: 'sides, I thought Itunes was married to Iphone?
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz


Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests