ERROR CANT SAVE

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
clthom4
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm

ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby clthom4 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Hello,

Whenever i try and download a song from youtube source it always gives me the error message: error cant save and its not because the file is too long because i tried clicking shorter ones and i am using the recommend setting for BITTorrents. This is a new development it hasnt always been like this thank you

Scott1x

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby Scott1x » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:12 am

clthom4 wrote:Hello,

Whenever i try and download a song from youtube source it always gives me the error message: error cant save and its not because the file is too long because i tried clicking shorter ones and i am using the recommend setting for BITTorrents. This is a new development it hasnt always been like this thank you

To offer you assistance, we need more information.
To submit an error report:
Please indicate your -
    Operating system:
    FrostWire Level Number:
    If this is an upgrade, from what level:
    Virus Checker:
    Fire Wall:
    Are you behind a router:
    Using a proxy or VPN:
    Type of internet connection:
    Problem Description:
Are you having any problems with any other download site or is youtube the only one?

clthom4
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby clthom4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Operating System: windows 7
FrostWire Level Number: 5.7.4
If this is an upgrade, from what level: not an upgrade was doing this with 5.7.2
Virus Checker: e set smart security
Fire Wall: e set smart security
Are you behind a router: yes
Using a proxy or VPN: proxy or vpn?
Type of internet connection: wireless
Problem Description: when ever i try and download something from the youtube source the download never finishes always gives me the error cant save status only with youtube

Scott1x

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby Scott1x » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:30 pm

clthom4 wrote:Operating System: windows 7
FrostWire Level Number: 5.7.4
If this is an upgrade, from what level: not an upgrade was doing this with 5.7.2
Virus Checker: e set smart security
Fire Wall: e set smart security
Are you behind a router: yes
Using a proxy or VPN: proxy or vpn?
Type of internet connection: wireless
Problem Description: when ever i try and download something from the youtube source the download never finishes always gives me the error cant save status only with youtube

Does this error occur almost instantly or does it download until it is almost done and then give the error.

It almost sounds as if you are trying to write into a protect area of your system.
Go to tools>options select bittorent and check the default save folder.
I normally make a special folder for this and point FrostWire to it.
If you have multiple drives, I'd recommend placing it on a non-system drive.

Try doing that, and see if it helps. If not post back.

clthom4
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby clthom4 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello

yes it goes to like 95-97% and then stops. I have already gone to tools-bittorrent- and hit default save folder which doesnt seem to do anything either

Scott1x

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby Scott1x » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:13 pm

clthom4 wrote:Hello

yes it goes to like 95-97% and then stops. I have already gone to tools-bittorrent- and hit default save folder which doesnt seem to do anything either

That is strange. I'd suggest that you make a folder and assign it to the default save folder and see if that helps.

Frankly, I don't think it will. I suspect this is a problem with the youtube interface, but it's worth a try.

Let me know.

Scott1x

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby Scott1x » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:34 pm

clthom4 wrote:Hello

yes it goes to like 95-97% and then stops. I have already gone to tools-bittorrent- and hit default save folder which doesnt seem to do anything either

I just downloaded the latest FW and was able to download from youtube.
There is another thing we can try. This will reinitialize your frostwire to virgin status, so any in progress seeds or downloads will be reset.
Close frostwire and make sure it is completely terminated.

NOW: (for Win7. Other systems will have similar files)
    From file explorer, navigate to use c:\users\YourAccount
    (assuming your system drive is c:\) and delete the folder: .frostwire5
    This forces a reinitialization of FrostWire, so you will have to answer the setup questions.
Restart FrostWire and be alert for any error indications.

User avatar
Zooky
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby Zooky » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Scott1x wrote: and delete the folder: .frostwire5


GASP!!!!!!!!!

:roll:
1,000,000 aches = 1 megahurtz

Scott1x

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby Scott1x » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 pm

Zooky wrote:
Scott1x wrote: and delete the folder: .frostwire5


GASP!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

If ya gotta, ya gotta.

User avatar
gubatron
Development Team
Posts: 1507
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 am
Contact:

Re: ERROR CANT SAVE

Postby gubatron » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 am

if you still keep getting this error, maybe you can run frostwire from the command line, (cmd.exe) using the frostwire.bat script inside the frostwire installation folder.

after it's running and you see text output on your cmd.exe window, start a single youtube download and when it fails, please copy and paste the output of your cmd.exe window here so we can take a look what's causing it to fail towards the end.

I just tested on windows 8, with frostwire 5.7.4 and youtube downloads are working fine for me.
Got Android? Try the new FrostWire for Android
http://frostwire.com/android


Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests