Downloading problems

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
DvdjDrD

Downloading problems

Postby DvdjDrD » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 am

I've noticed since moving to Frostwire 7 that there are no longer mp3 files to download and that the mp4 files are now very sizable....Is there a way to get the old Frostwire back?

Scott1x

Re: Downloading problems

Postby Scott1x » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:25 am

DvdjDrD wrote:I've noticed since moving to Frostwire 7 that there are no longer mp3 files to download and that the mp4 files are now very sizable....Is there a way to get the old Frostwire back?

It's very easy to get old releases of frostwire at http://www.oldapps.com/frostwire.php
However, Frostwire will download what ever is available. The release level is not the problem. Check the search engines that you are allowing, and make sure that you are doing torrent searches. You get more hits searching by torrent and refining your search than you do when you search for music alone. Check my help pages for searching strategies.

smallone57

Postby smallone57 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:48 am

I just downloaded the newest version of frostwire and now when I search for something it comes up with zero results. I turned the firewall off just in case it was blocking it and it still showed zero results. What am I doing wrong? The connection speed is turbo charged. Thank you in advance.

Scott1x

Postby Scott1x » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:51 pm

smallone57 wrote:I just downloaded the newest version of frostwire and now when I search for something it comes up with zero results. I turned the firewall off just in case it was blocking it and it still showed zero results. What am I doing wrong? The connection speed is turbo charged. Thank you in advance.

Under tools>options>searching check what search engines that you have allowed.
AND make sure your firewall is back on.

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”