Buy VPN - Never trust a VPN Provider that doesn't take Bitcoin

FrostWire Opens Then Closes Imeadiatley!

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:

FrostWire Opens Then Closes Imeadiatley!

Postby ItTechy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:56 am

Has anyone had this issue?

I have un-installed, used REGCRAWLER to remove all registry entries, re-installed with same results.

Something obviously has effected FrostWire because it did work the last time I used it, which was at least a week or two ago.

I have a very customized hardware array and MS System Restore pukes, like most everything else they make <g>

Any syggestions are highly appreciated.

ItTechy
ItTechy

Postby Only A Hobo » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:22 pm

Sunds like a java problem. If you have Vista clean-install the latest version .. If XP you might be better off with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 13 from http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp

The XP instasllation requires removal of other versions of Java first, and removing Frostwire then installing Java ..then reinstalling Frostwire is a good idea. Not too sure about Vista

Hopefully this was helpful ..from a Mac user :D
Only A Hobo

FrostWire opens & Closes

Postby ItTechy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the info!

I forgot to mention I am using Win XP-SP2

NO VISTA HERE!

Maybe in a few years when they release the "Windows, Yeah it Really Works"
version! <g>

I'll let you know if the JAVA update works, though seems weird, most of my stuff like that is up to date...go figure.

ItTechy
ItTechy

More....

Postby ItTechy » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:36 pm

Java update did nada.

I have also removed and recreated the %appdata%

It loads, opens, and I mean SCREAMS shut immediately.

POS MS! It's too bad the software developers and MS can't REALLY work together! H_ll it could be anything! I mean if any program or update modifies a Service or DLL, well ....

BTW does anyone know what SERVICES FrostWire must have running to operate?

Thanks,

ItTechy
ItTechy

Postby nonproffessional » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:36 pm

Updating java does not remove previous versions. Going on a hunch look for and remove all versions of java then install just one and stick to it.
nonproffessional
Team Member

Postby ItTechy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:23 am

nonproffessional wrote:Updating java does not remove previous versions. Going on a hunch look for and remove all versions of java then install just one and stick to it.

Ah okies, never had this issue before, but hey it's worth a try, will let you know.

Thanks

ItTechy
ItTechy

Java

Postby ItTechy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:29 am

Thanks for all the JAVA info, but does anyone know if "all" JAVA installations should be removed?

SDK' & RUNTIMES?

I don't mind trying, but this just happened out of the blue, and being a tech I try to get as much info as possible before removing & re-installing stuff, but I also know as with most Windows enviroments, it usually works unless something is really fubared.

ItTechy
ItTechy

Postby nonproffessional » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:28 am

SDK is only needed if you plan to do any programming any time soon. All versions means all versions. If something breaks you can always reinstall it later. If you're being cautious download the java installer before you uninstall anything but leave it saved to your desktop.
nonproffessional
Team Member

Return to FrostWire Desktop Technical Support