frostwire doesn't display

Have a question :?: We'd love to help you find the answer :!:
rickwebb60

frostwire doesn't display

Postby rickwebb60 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:06 pm

i had frostwire on pc before. worked great. all good. somehow something was removed and had to reinstall. now after reinstall : click start menu , all programs , frostwire 5 , either one same result frostwire exe or frostwire safemode : frostwire start screen flashes on for 2 or 3 seconds then shuts back off. frostwire icon is in systray hidden icons but will not display from there either. programs manager claims frostwire is currently running , can not be found . system restart stalls because frostwire need to be closed first , before windows can shut down. i really liked frostwire. much more then limewire only now its not working.what can i do? can and will ya'll help me with this one please and thank you rick Windows 7 32bit Frostwire 5.6.6 Microsoft Security Essentials Windows Firewall internet connection is via: ISP:Clearwire LAN wired connection to a wireless modem with WPA2 Security

Scott1x

Re: frostwire doesn't display

Postby Scott1x » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:59 pm

rickwebb60 wrote:i had frostwire on pc before. worked great. all good. somehow something was removed and had to reinstall. now after reinstall : click start menu , all programs , frostwire 5 , either one same result frostwire exe or frostwire safemode : frostwire start screen flashes on for 2 or 3 seconds then shuts back off. frostwire icon is in systray hidden icons but will not display from there either. programs manager claims frostwire is currently running , can not be found . system restart stalls because frostwire need to be closed first , before windows can shut down. i really liked frostwire. much more then limewire only now its not working.what can i do? can and will ya'll help me with this one please and thank you rick Windows 7 32bit Frostwire 5.6.6 Microsoft Security Essentials Windows Firewall internet connection is via: ISP:Clearwire LAN wired connection to a wireless modem with WPA2 Security

First make sure FW is completely terminated. Check the task manager!
Then let's take this by the numbers.... http://catfangz.com/frostwire/CheckList.html
Is the place to start.
DO delete the .frostwire5 folder and DO download from frostwire.com.
It may or may not make sense to change your listening port. You probably know your system better than I do, but it probably can't hurt.
If you're still having problems, post back and we'll go to the next level. Hopefully, this will get you going.

Return to “FrostWire Desktop Technical Support”